The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

NLRB overturns "joint employment" ruling.

I agree. Joint employment must also assume joint ownership, and that simply isn't true. Owners are not "all the same".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: NLRB overturns "joint employment" ruling.

I agree. Joint employment must also assume joint ownership, and that simply isn't true. Owners are not "all the same".
Feels gray to me. I agree with this ruling more for franchisees than for contractors. Since contractors are typically pretty controlled by the employing company.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I agree with this ruling more for franchisees than for contractors.
That's exactly where I stand. McDonalds the corporation is not the same owner as Luthor who owns 26 McDonalds in 3 states and neither are the same as Joe who owns one McDonalds.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Did Mark Fuhrman ever say the "N word"?

FBI agents' anti-Trump tweets are now focus of Russia probe.

In other news, remember Obama's racist, anti-U.S. pastor?

Trump's is a pile of donkey shit too.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I've never heard a Christian evangelical with a positive word about Paula White. But she's a high profile loud mouth, so of course...
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

So TPS' going to make it so 200K or so Salvadorans can be deported.

The left is screaming that they've been here 17 years and this is cruel, yada, yada, yada. I don't necessarily disagree.

Where I do disagree is blaming Trump, which they are doing. When Obama was president, why didn't they work on allowing these people to get citizenship? They just rubber stamped extensions to their temporary visas. If they really cared, wouldn't they have worked on a permanent solution?

Like it or hate it, one could say that a permanent solution is now being worked on...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: one could say that a permanent solution is now being worked on...
Phrasing?
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: one could say that a permanent solution is now being worked on...
Phrasing?
Lol - that was FINAL solution though.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

You asshole. you just made me play word association and "Final Countdown" is now stuck in my head. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Another left leaning judge blocks another Trump move.

Now that the left has introduced this tactic, we can look forward to right leaning judges blocking everything president Oprah tries to do.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

The rule of law is dead. The Constitution is dead.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump denies calling certain countries shitholes.

Who cares?

Guy is a jackass with no filter, but he's not wrong about these countries. Also, if you look at the country like a business, why would you hire unskilled, inexperienced people who need you more than you need them?

I know that's not the humanitarian thing to say, but...
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I wish we had a merit based immigration system. I don't have a problem pointing out that some countries suck. His notion that this means we shouldn't allow anyone from those countries in is at least as wrong as saying we should fast track people from those countries in. If they would be of benefit to the nation, allow them in. I don't care where they're from. Some outstanding doctors came here from shitty countries.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

"When did it become assumed that anyone in the world has the right to be an American citizen?"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: "When did it become assumed that anyone in the world has the right to be an American citizen?"
Which was why I said it should be merit based.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »