The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Mnuchin in trouble for taking a picture.

No idea why anyone cares aside from partisan politics. It's not like they then take the money home.

However, I'm posting this because of his wife. Look at her. No way does that guy get her without his money and connections. Not sure I've ever been so convinced that someone is sleeping with her personal trainer just by looking at a photo.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: However, I'm posting this because of his wife. Look at her. No way does that guy get her without his money and connections.
Yeah, they just got married this year. She's a Scottish actress, 36 years old or 39? Wife #1 was out of the picture 3 years ago. Unsure of divorce/death/whatever.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

People are only giving grief cuz he's a Republican.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

The Russians are playing it up.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump reverses Obama policy on elephant trophies from hunts.

If you have a soul, you should immediately be pissed. However, when you dig into the explanation, I get it. I do. I've hunted in the past. I know hunters. Most are very much about conservation. Hunting is a very necessary thing to reduce populations of pest species that would otherwise cause a lot of damage and suffer themselves. (Deer fit this profile. Overpopulation of them would affect our crops, and cause them to suffer from disease and starvation.)

I'm ok with controlled hunts where they track and kill certain animals that are doomed anyway. Typically this means older animals and males that have lost their position in their pride.

I'm not ok with poachers (I truly believe in an immediate death penalty in those cases. No trial needed.) and hunting domesticated animals.

So if hunters want to pay a fuckton of money to hunt an animal nature has already doomed, then fine. However, let's also do what we can to help with ensuring those resources go to conservation.

See how optimistic this was when you just know one of his buddies just wanted to bring the head of an elephant he killed home to mount in his den.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Anti-Trump truck decal causing a stir.

No, you can't prosecute someone for that...although I wouldn't rule out someone trying to apply some law on public decency.

And honestly, the decal says more about the driver of the truck than Trump or Trump voters.
-He's stupid because it lowers his resale value.
-He isn't safety conscious because putting such a decal on his car will surely put him and his family in danger from other zealots.
-The majority of people who see his truck's decal will think he's the asshat, even if they support the message.
-You have to be a self absorbed dick to think putting a message like that where anyone can see it is fine.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Plus, the fees give the country the means and incentive to protect the heards from poachers.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: No, you can't prosecute someone for that...although I wouldn't rule out someone trying to apply some law on public decency.
Not for the sentiment, but in Memphis they have an ordinance against profanity on bumper stickers, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Plus, the fees give the country the means and incentive to protect the heards from poachers.
Yeah, that was the part I was ok with, however...

Trump puts that news on hold and says a real decision with come next week.
Proponents "will be very hard pressed to change my mind that this horror show in any way helps conservation of Elephants or any other animal," the President tweeted.
Either Trump actually has a soft spot for animals or this is a political game to make him look good. "Well, he likes animals, so he can't be all bad."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Who knows WTF he's thinking. It's like one person gets his ear, and that's his new Truth.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Sarah Silverman confronts reality.

This is actually a positive story, and exactly what we need. I would urge more left wing elites to climb down from their towers and leave their gated communities to mix with the townsfolk. If people would just talk they'd realize that there is no great divide between them. Everybody wants the same thing. Getting there is where the disagreements happen.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Good for her. Too many people stay in their safety bubbles, building in their minds the idea that everyone else is a monster.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Respect for Sarah Silverman is UP.

Respect for Trump is DOWN. Just don't defend an accused pedophile. Just. Don't.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Respect for Sarah Silverman is UP.

Respect for Trump is DOWN. Just don't defend an accused pedophile. Just. Don't.
I'm glad I'm not an AL voter.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Because I thought it was hilarious...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

That was awesome.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

This might be the smartest person in his adminstration.

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Because instead of answering the questions, she spreads fake news + unfounded conspiracy theories?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

And makes people butthurt.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: And makes people butthurt.
If she really said those things, she should just be shot.