The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Stops the cheap labor, doesn't stop the drugs, which are already in Mexico.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: CNN piece asks, "Did Trump get the wall built and did Mexico pay for it? Some say yes."

And they kind of have a legit argument they're right.
Well, no, since "The Wall" refers to one at the US border. But it's a step in the right direction.
Wait until he claims this was his plan all along...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Most Americans probably don't think he can cut his own steak. Which he has well done, so it's not even steak, so fuck him.
In fact, a lopsided majority (73%) said it was “the wrong thing to do” when Senate Republicans refused during the 2016 election to fill a court vacancy in the final year of Democrat Barack Obama’s presidency.
I agree with this, even though I kinda like my SCOTUS conservative.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump pulled out of northern Syria to end "endless" wars, but ready to strike Turkey
President Donald Trump is prepared to use military force against Turkey over its actions in Syria in the event that such is “needed,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Monday as U.S. troops withdraw from the region.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Well, devil's advocate, new situation.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I agree with this, even though I kinda like my SCOTUS conservative.
I typically think the entire government should be just conservative. Conservative enough to slow "progress", but not conservative enough to stop it.

Why? To keep dumb shit in check, but allow the meaningful stuff to evolve.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I agree with this, even though I kinda like my SCOTUS conservative.
I typically think the entire government should be just conservative. Conservative enough to slow "progress", but not conservative enough to stop it.

Well, that's why the Senate + SCOTUS are setup the way they are.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:

Well, that's why the Senate + SCOTUS are setup the way they are.
Of course, but if progressives ran all of the above, it'd get ugly.

Nothing against progress, but slamming down the gas pedal without functioning brakes always leads to disaster.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

That bugs me.

"Hey, the president is a complete dolt and destroying America, but instead of doing something about it, I'm going to try and personally profit."
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

About 10% of the anonymously sourced news stories about the Trump administration have panned out (both pro and con). So I'm not really on the edge of my seat for this.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Lindsay Graham debates Lindsay Graham

Lindsay Graham 2019: Sen. Lindsey Graham and other congressional Republicans have slammed House Democrats for conducting their impeachment inquiry with depositions behind closed doors, but Republicans also used closed-door depositions during their impeachment inquiry of former President Bill Clinton two decades ago.

Linsday Graham 1998: Then-Rep. Lindsey Graham, at a November 1998 news conference one day after Special Prosecutor Ken Starr publicly testified before the House Judiciary Committee, praised the Judiciary panel's plans to hold depositions before conducting public hearings. Graham was a key Republican on the Judiciary Committee and was one of the House impeachment managers during the Senate trial that followed. Asked by a reporter in 1998 if he thought there would be hearings with "some of the principals," Graham said: "The depositions, I think, will determine whether or not we go forward with hearings. I think it's a very smart thing to do, to depose these people and find out what they've got to say and not drag this thing out unnecessarily. And it's going to end by the end of the year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I assume he's never had sex with a totally willing partner.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Ten years ago when he was merely rich wasn't enough incentive to come forward.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Lindsay Graham debates Lindsay Graham

Lindsay Graham 2019: Sen. Lindsey Graham and other congressional Republicans have slammed House Democrats for conducting their impeachment inquiry with depositions behind closed doors, but Republicans also used closed-door depositions during their impeachment inquiry of former President Bill Clinton two decades ago.
These aren't depositions. Witnesses don't give written opening testimonies during a deposition.

We've already seen the selective leaks from these hearings. That's the reason for the closed proceedings. So the public can't see the dismantling of these "witnesses".
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQI433Y-p3Y
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Starting to think you're a russian asset there, chief.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Starting to think you're a russian asset there, chief.
I'm surrounded by Russian assets