The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I'm not being snarky. I was legit asking. All the news since 2016 has been universally "trump is stupid and destroying the economy" that I assumed the market wasn't doing well, overall.
https://www.macrotrends.net/2481/stock- ... -president

He's behind Obama + Clinton, barely ahead of Reagan, and doing better than either Bush.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Debra Messing and Will McCormack want attendees for an upcoming Trump fund raising dinner in Hollywood to be outed so they "can know who they don't want to work with". Ah, there's nothing like the tolerance of the left...

Noted Sanders supporter, Tim Robbins' mom, calls Messing "ignorant".

Mr. Peterman comes out publicly as "embarrassed for both of them".

More shockingly, Whoppi Goldberg comes out against Messing and compares this to McCarthyism.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Today, I’m in “burn it all down, vote for Trump” mode
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Debra Messing and Will McCormack want attendees for an upcoming Trump fund raising dinner in Hollywood to be outed so they "can know who they don't want to work with". Ah, there's nothing like the tolerance of the left...
Yeah, people starting comparing it to the communist blacklists and they started trying to walk it back saying they didn't mean blacklisting. Just wanted to know who they were so they could start a discussion. Except for the part where you said, "know who they don't want to work with".

I really don't like Trump, but these people on the left are in "round people up" mode. I don't see a choice in NOT voting for him at this point.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Vince wrote: I really don't like Trump, but these people on the left are in "round people up" mode. I don't see a choice in NOT voting for him at this point.
Plus...

OMG....

the anguish the first time he won....

It's pretty good entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I'm more in the Gordon, "burn it all down" camp.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

It's way less stressful to just embrace the horror. Any anxiety you have over things you can't control is just wasted energy, and only adds to the negativity of the world.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump doesn't like spying on other countries
President Donald Trump has privately and repeatedly expressed opposition to the use of foreign intelligence from covert sources, including overseas spies who provide the US government with crucial information about hostile countries, according to multiple senior officials who served under Trump.

Trump has privately said that foreign spies can damage relations with their host countries and undermine his personal relationships with their leaders, the sources said. The President "believes we shouldn't be doing that to each other," one former Trump administration official told CNN.

In addition to his fear such foreign intelligence sources will damage his relationship with foreign leaders, Trump has expressed doubts about the credibility of the information they provide. Another former senior intelligence official told CNN that Trump "believes they're people who are selling out their country."
I wonder what he thinks other countries are doing? Googling "United states trade secrets" ?
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I can only hope the next President is as inept as this one.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Trump doesn't like spying on other countries
Saw that take this morning. It's hard to imagine anyone dumber was ever president.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Bolton fired.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump's being nice to China now that his poll #s are falling.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Trump's being nice to China now that his poll #s are falling.
And that's why we're all doomed. Politicians are too concerned with getting re-elected than getting the job done.

Stopping China's insanity was the one thing I was in total agreement with Trump about, so his approval rating in my house just dropped off the map.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Of course that makes his numbers rise in congress, several of them are paid by the chinese.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I'm going to blame my graying hairs on them, too.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

"I'm not overweight! It's these fucking light bulbs!"
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Kavanaugh under fire again.

As the article states, it's about a book with allegations that have all (mostly?) been disproven back in his hearings. However, that hasn't stopped Dems from wanting him to be impeached (I guess "innocent until proven guilty"doesn't apply to political opponents?), and Trump and his cronies from defending him.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

From what I can see on reddit, Kavanaugh did it, and more, beyond a shadow of a doubt. Everything exonerating him was lies. They will destroy anyone who disagrees.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I went down the rabbit hole of his financial situation earlier. One thing that he failed to explain was how he got a $1M mortgage and $250k down payment when he was making $66k/yr, and only had $70k of assets for that down payment. An explanation of some kind would be that he got the $ or was cosigned by his parents, but he's never stated that. His salary did increase to $200k shortly after that, so being able to afford things at that point made sense... but not before.