The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Was this info out there previously?
Yes, it's always been reported as "a member of Wallace's crew" in everything I've seen.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I had completely missed that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump claims he aced a cognitive test and the doctors were "very surprised".

Has he ever done anything that he doesn't then brag about and claim it was the best ever done by anyone?

He challenges Biden to do the same test, which would be interesting.

I love that he says the doctors were surprised and doesn't see that as them thinking he's batshit insane.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I'd like to see him unzip that flesh suit and he's actually that North Korean dictator who golfs 18 on an 18-hole course every time
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I love that he says the doctors were surprised and doesn't see that as them thinking he's batshit insane.
Right?
The president went on to say that he took a cognitive test “very recently” in order to prove to those questioning his mental acuity that he was “all there.” (It appears Trump is talking about the Montreal Cognitive Assessment he took during his 2018 physical exam, which he passed.)
Does that mean he would fail it now?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I want to say yes. I think mental capacity can decline pretty rapidly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I want to say yes. I think mental capacity can decline pretty rapidly.
If 2 years ago was "Very recently" I feel he's lost something.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Goya Foods faces a boycott because their CEO said something nice about Trump.

1. Not sure how anyone can praise Trump right now.
2. Sick and tired of the constant subversive attacks on the 1st amendment. "Say what I want you to say or you're the devil and need to be cancelled."
3. News reports were quick to talk about #BoycottGoya trending last night, but not a single one was written about #BuyGoya trending today. I wonder why?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

1 - Srsly.
2 - Not an attack on the first amendment, only govt can do that.
3 - Cuz it's a tiny reactionary movement? But here's a story on it: https://nbc24.com/news/nation-world/goy ... or-boycott

Also, I see several celebrities on the #boycott side, none on the buy side so far.

At any rate... welcome to capitalism where people vote with their $$$
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Not an attack on the first amendment, only govt can do that.
It 100% is and I get where you're coming from and agree with it, but this new trend is weaponized disagreement. People didn't get sued and/or fired in the past for having a different opinion. They do now.
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

It may not be an attack on the first amendment, but it is an attack on free speech.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Not an attack on the first amendment, only govt can do that.
It 100% is and I get where you're coming from and agree with it, but this new trend is weaponized disagreement. People didn't get sued and/or fired in the past for having a different opinion. They do now.
Oh, they did, I assure you. It's just the wind that's changing. People have definitely been fired for opinions before recent years.
Cakedaddy wrote: It may not be an attack on the first amendment, but it is an attack on free speech.
Sure.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I still say when the mob starts making the rules, they become the government.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: People have definitely been fired for opinions before recent years.
Prove it.

Saw a pretty good question asked the other day to college kids: "Name a time when conservatives shut down a liberal speaker on a campus." (Granted, it'd have to be in the last 20-30 years.) None could name a single time, yet all started the conversation with the belief that liberals were more open minded.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Prove it.
Just google it. It's easy. Being gay for the longest time, only recently protected. Hippies being fired for being hippies. All sorts of people never hired to begin with based on differences of opinions.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I heard there used to be signs that said long haired freaky people need not apply
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I heard there used to be signs that said long haired freaky people need not apply
PROOF :P
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: I heard there used to be signs that said long haired freaky people need not apply
PROOF :P
Everywhere, there were signs.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

He throws out ideas, and spitballs, so I wouldn't take that too seriously. But... to whom would we sell it?