The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Are they broken? Or just need some tweaks?
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: If they can do it cheaper, shouldn't it be explored as an option?
Have you met our government? I can't tell if you're just fucking with me now.
A little of this, a little of that. Kind of like you do in the NCAA thread.
When I do it, I'm just playing devil's advocate. When you do it, you're being an asshole :)
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Have you met our government? I can't tell if you're just fucking with me now.
When I do it, I'm just playing devil's advocate. When you do it, you're being an asshole :)
I always assumed you were just being racist.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:

I always assumed you were just being racist.
I can't be racist, I'm black.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:And delivering them meals instead of giving them a SNAP card denies them that opportunity how exactly?

Isn't this person basically saying, "They need the ability to spend that SNAP money on other things"?
“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I'm fine with that. Although, I strongly dispute these fraud and misuse numbers. I've known too many folks who work at convenience stores and grocery stores who detail what those things get used for to believe misuse is that low. Hell, you can trade your SNAP cards for crack. Those numbers wouldn't even appear because the drug dealers eventually use the card properly.
I agree with the dispute of the fraud numbers. My niece has a few single mother friends on SNAP, and they've all traded their cards for cash at some point. Usually regularly. Though if the numbers of $ reaching the poor in welfare programs vs dollars spent is still as bad as it used to be (around 80% in administrative costs), then 1% fraud with another 1-9% misuse could be accounting for near 50% of dollars reaching the actual recipient.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Googling says $71B in SNAP benefits, $3.4B in admin costs (~5%). Federal $ only.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I can't be racist, I'm black.
As black as fresh snow...
TheCatt wrote: She will tell her story
Remember when the people who are clamoring for this story defended a president's extra marital affairs? It's always enjoyable to watch people shift their moral compass so they are "right" on something.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: As black as fresh snow...
You can't tell me who I am.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Googling says $71B in SNAP benefits, $3.4B in admin costs (~5%). Federal $ only.
I guess it depends on how they're counting what's what. The way I heard the number for welfare (total) in the past was that about 17 cents of every dollar that goes in ends up in the hands of the person that needs it. So what dollar amount actually ends up on SNAP cards? I don't know. I just have trouble believing that the US government is efficient enough that more than 90 cents of every dollar is going on a SNAP card.

Edit: Looking into this, it looks like that number is correct, which is pretty phenomenal for the federal government.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Because Trump suggested the Florida school shooter was "mentally disturbed", mental health advocates warn not to make such a link.

Because people who decide murdering innocents en masse are mentally balanced?

Gordon's "Never Trump" theory is in full effect on this one.

Speaking of the Florida shooting, all of you people blaming guns or mental health issues are morons. According to the governor of Kentucky, video games are the culprit.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Ex-Playmate details Trumps alleged system for affairs.

She has no evidence other than her word, but "journalism and ethical reporting" in 2018 means report it anyway. (Although, I 100% believe her.)

Still, there has to be a God because...
run by David Pecker, a friend of Trump's
The guy who runs the enterprise behind the National Enquirer is named Pecker? C'mon, really? I wonder if CNN will be mature about this?
told The New Yorker that Pecker routinely buys and kills stories, and also protects Trump, who he considers a friend.
Nope, and I love it! When your name is Pecker, you have one option: Change your fucking name.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

You and copy/paste are not friends.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

President Trump said during a listening session at the White House that violence in video games and movies is partly responsible for shaping young people’s thoughts.

“They’re so violent," Trump said.

He commented on the picture content rating system, saying youth can be restricted from watching movies because of sex, but not violence. He suggested having a similar rating system for violence.
Go fuck yourself.

There was just a stabbing at a high school here. The kid stabbed a security guard and was immediately subdued. Turns out the guard was wearing something that snapped the knife at the hilt, and barely got a scratch. When asked why, the kid said, and I quote: "I wanted to be famous."

So here's a thought, how about the MSM stop reporting these mass killers' names? Instead of making them into heroes and martyrs, make them unknown. Instead of people trying to take other people's rights away, how about everyone give up one bit of information?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Bunch of people calling into our local schools with gun threats... People are actually taking their kids out of schools.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump is apparently trying to use tariffs to bully other countries.

I guess I'll withhold condemning this until we see if it works or not.

Sessions greenlights illegal seizures of property.

Remember when the Constitution mattered?

I wonder why they're so anxious to take our guns away...
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Thieves are scum, moreso if they wear a uniform.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thieves are scum, moreso if they wear a uniform.
So a McDonald's worker is a bigger scum of a thief than Jeff Sessions?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

... did you really misconstrue my intent?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."