The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I don't know where else to put this one...

George Soros condemns Google and Facebook as threats to Democracy.

Thing is, based upon some of the things they've been caught doing, he's not wrong.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

He's just copying me. I said over a year ago that social media was going to destroy civilization.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Home Depot is doing it also.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

You know, the tax bill was a big win. The shut down was for Democrats a big loss. For some reason Republicans want to change the subject to the FBI and DoJ memo that may or may not be a huge bust. The amount of stupid on display is mind boggling. I'm glad all the businesses are keeping the tax bill in the news. Trump and the Republicans are bad at this.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I think actual prosecutions should happen over the email server, otherwise some people are above the law, and fuck that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Payroll updates are rolling out now and for the next two weeks. My check went up 3%.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: I think actual prosecutions should happen over the email server, otherwise some people are above the law, and fuck that.
I agree, but I think if they blew up this story about a smoking gun of bias and corruption within the FBI and it's "meh" on evidence, then they just blew all the momentum they had.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

This is only like the 6th "smoking gun" we've had with her email server. It'll probably just go away again.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

With China constantly pulling shit like this
When asked about allegations of hacking by Chinese entities and the Axios report Monday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said "the Chinese government strictly prohibits and severely cracks down on all forms of cyberattacks."
"We think the international community should strengthen dialogues and cooperation to face up to cyber threats and maintain cyber peace and security based on mutual respect and trust," she said.
I cannot argue that we don't need to take electronic defenses more seriously.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I cannot argue that we need to take electronic defenses more seriously.
Agreed, but the government is not the entity to get that job done. They should be offering incentives for AT&T and Verizon to do it.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

The government paid the carriers billions to upgrade the broadband network, and they didn't. Fuck the carriers, they can't be trusted. Take it away.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Huh? Both companies spend billions on upgrading their networks annually. Was the money for upgrading security?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I'm on my phone. This is the only link I am providing, but you can also Google it. A 200 billion grant was.pocketed.

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Interesting. This is an easy fix: Arrest their boards. Doesn't matter if you get a conviction. Try to get one, of course, but the show and damage to their stock will provide an example to the rest of corporate America.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I'm told in outlandish headlines that the internet is losing it over a typo for the STOU address.

If this gives you the warm fuzzies, you're the idiot. Be mad about actual policy and the president acting like a moron on Twitter, not a fucking typo he had nothing to do with.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Mark Ruffalo and other celebs held alternatives to the SOTU address.

It was last night and is just now getting reported today, so I'm thinking it didn't draw big numbers.

I have no issue with protesting, but doing it before you hear the speech seems like they're bigoted. I know that can't be the case though because they always say they're not.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Dems bringing dreamers as guests to SOTU.

I know this is mean, but if Trump had them all arrested and deported during his speech it might be the funniest thing ever.