The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Mike Pence has strong views on presidential morality.
Dismissing the idea that the president is "just the like the rest of us," Pence wrote, "If you and I fall into bad moral habits, we can harm our families, our employers and our friends. The President of the United States can incinerate the planet. Seriously, the very idea that we ought to have at or less than the same moral demands placed on the Chief Executive that we place on our next door neighbor is ludicrous and dangerous.
"Throughout our history, we have seen the presidency as the repository of all of our highest hopes and ideals and values. To demand less is to do an injustice to the blood that bought our freedoms."
Oh wait, that was 20 years ago when a Democrat was president. Nevermind.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Serious question: Who is Mike Pence?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Never been a big fan of Pence. Kind of a weasel shit.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Serious question: Who is Mike Pence?
Trump's beard so he would appeal to Christian conservatives.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Before this morality thing, I had just been thinking about him, "Where did he disappear to"?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

US hits China with 25% tariffs on $16B worth in products, so China matches.

Hooray for tariffs! I look forward to next week's round of additional tariffs.

I'm honestly now wondering if Trump will just ban all imports from China.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I also think it's naive to think it doesn't matter. Remember, Ted Kennedy reached out to the Soviets for assistance in defeating Reagan leading up to the '84 election. Republicans, stop acting like this doesn't matter. Democrats, stop pretending to be virtuous.
A main difference appears to be that this time around, the Russians did something. Whereas there's no evidence I've seen that they accept Kennedy's (ridiculously stupid) offer.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump urges boycott of Harley-Davidson.

This is one of the rare times where nobody can really hammer him. Apparently, Harley is considering moving some manufacturing overseas. This is pissing off their customers who are generally very pro-American stuff. Obviously losing jobs overseas sucks. So his only critics on this topic would be pro-business folks, and we all know they're just greedy capitalists. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Apparently, Harley is considering moving some manufacturing overseas.
Because of Trump's terrible policies.
Leisher wrote: This is pissing off their customers who are generally very pro-American stuff.
Who should be mad at Trump.

I'll hammer him all day long on this. It's not even a topic he should be involved in. Also, the production being moved is production not sold in the US. It's exported, and therefore subject to retaliatory tarffs from Trump's stupidity.

What's he going to do next? Shoot someone in the foot then complain that person can't run?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Trump urges boycott of Harley-Davidson.

This is one of the rare times where nobody can really hammer him. Apparently, Harley is considering moving some manufacturing overseas. This is pissing off their customers who are generally very pro-American stuff. Obviously losing jobs overseas sucks. So his only critics on this topic would be pro-business folks, and we all know they're just greedy capitalists. :D
Oh, and Bikers for Trump, eh?

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

That's clearly a KISS tattoo. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That's clearly a KISS tattoo. :D
lol.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: A main difference appears to be that this time around, the Russians did something. Whereas there's no evidence I've seen that they accept Kennedy's (ridiculously stupid) offer.
Well, Kennedy's offer was with the Soviets, with whom we were engaged in a cold war. Kennedy initiated the request. So far we have no evidence that Trump reached out first to the Russians. But the biggest difference (at least in the mind of the press) is that Kennedy had a (D) next to his name.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

CNN actually has a headline article trying to explain why Omarosa's book isn't #1.

Here's a thought: People are fucking sick and tired of this bullshit. He's a clown. We don't need a publicity whore to confirm it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Because Omarosa is a terrible person too? Because parts of it are obviously made up (as reported by CNN)?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Because Omarosa is a terrible person too? Because parts of it are obviously made up (as reported by CNN)?
What? A publicity whore made up some stuff to sell a book? Lies!
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Pearl Jam getting heat for a political concert poster.

The poster is in poor taste and the art work honestly sucks, but I'm not going to stop listening to Ten because of it. If I let politics dictate what I enjoy, I'd only be able to sit in a quiet room staring at a wall.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Copy pasta from WSJ since it's pay-walled
Michael Cohen, the president’s former personal lawyer, told a federal judge that Donald Trump had directed him during the 2016 campaign to buy the silence of two women who said they had affairs with Mr. Trump.

Mr. Cohen made the statement as he pleaded guilty Tuesday to eight criminal charges, including campaign-finance violations. He said he paid $130,000 to adult-film actress Stephanie Clifford, known professionally as Stormy Daniels, and coordinated a $150,000 payment by the publisher of the National Enquirer to former Playboy model Karen McDougal.

Mr. Cohen, who has described himself as Mr. Trump’s “fixer,” said he made both payments “for the purpose of influencing the election” and acted at the direction of “the candidate,” referring to Mr. Trump. That was the first time Mr. Cohen has admitted to coordinating with the president on the hush-money deals with women, both of which were first reported by The Wall Street Journal.
“There is no allegation of any wrongdoing against the president in the government’s charges against Mr. Cohen,” countered Rudy Giuliani, the president’s attorney. “It is clear that, as the prosecutor noted, Mr. Cohen’s actions reflect a pattern of lies and dishonesty over a significant period of time.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I think the left is over estimating the importance of this. I suspect if we look at Trump's history, there's a pattern of his doing this sort of thing long before he intended to run for office. He's a crappy human being. He was a crappy human being before he ran for office. Most of the honest folk admit, at least to themselves, that he's a crappy human being.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I think the left is over estimating the importance of this. I suspect if we look at Trump's history, there's a pattern of his doing this sort of thing long before he intended to run for office. He's a crappy human being. He was a crappy human being before he ran for office. Most of the honest folk admit, at least to themselves, that he's a crappy human being.
Felonies are felonies. They were not felonies when he was a private person outside of running for office.