The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Seriously... he understands he has an election coming up, right?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Seriously... he understands he has an election coming up, right?
I'm guessing he thinks he can get the hard-core voters out by driving the immigration thing so hard? I dunno. It's really hard to understand him Which, if he knew how to use that, could be a great asset, imho.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:I'm guessing he thinks he can get the hard-core voters out by driving the immigration thing so hard? I dunno. It's really hard to understand him Which, if he knew how to use that, could be a great asset, imho.
I agree that it could be a great asset. I think this is where people think the things he does is some sort of master plan all the time. He's almost purely driven by id. They can't imagine a lack of self control at this level. I think that's why he's incapable of using it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Well, which is it?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I was watching the 4th Indiana Jones movie the other day and I was struck how in the 1950s there were Russians around every corner, too.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

What if Trump is the one telling the truth about everything and he's such a jackass nobody hears it?

We're fucking doomed. Can we just get to Civil War 2 already?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What if Trump is the one telling the truth about everything and he's such a jackass nobody hears it?
Then reality doesn't matter.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Idk. I think he meant to say the same thing in both instances and he’s “kind” of a dummy and communicated it poorly.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

What happens if we get to the end of Trump's presidency and he reveals it was all done for a reality show that'll be airing on NBC that summer?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Idk. I think he meant to say the same thing in both instances and he’s “kind” of a dummy and communicated it poorly.
I know.
Leisher wrote: What happens if we get to the end of Trump's presidency and he reveals it was all done for a reality show that'll be airing on NBC that summer?
At this point, I can only imagine how insufferable a post presidency Trump would be, so....
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump, during his Oval Office interview with the Sun published Friday, criticized May's efforts on Brexit, saying he thinks "the UK allowed the European Union to have all the cards."
"I had mentioned to Theresa that you have got to build up your ammunition. ... I am sure that you could have built up a big advantage for your side and negotiated from strength," he said.
"And it is very hard to play well when one side has all the advantage," he continued. "They had nothing to lose. They didn't give the European Union anything to lose."
However, he acknowledged, "at the same time, I respect Theresa and she would certainly know the facts a lot better than I know them."
First time I’ve heard him say that?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Fist time someone accidentally reported it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Russian fighter repeatedly harasses U.S. bomber in international airspace.

I'm glad Putin and Trump are the leaders of these countries. If it was some hotheads constantly needing to prove their manliness we could be in trouble.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump wants to add a citizenship question to the next census.

The Dems are challenging that in court, here's why:
But challengers of the citizenship question have launched an explosive new allegation: they say they have "new evidence" that the decision to add the question was politically motivated in order to intimidate minority households from responding in order to reduce Democratic Party representation.
*sigh*

See Dems think the Republicans are using this as a way to keep Hispanic households from answering or some shit.

Here's a thought: Illegals shouldn't fucking count in any census of U.S. CITIZENS!!!!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I really don't see an issue here. You can debate the ethics of voter suppression, etc, but I don't understand why a citizenship question would inherently be illegal or an issue?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I don't understand why a citizenship question would inherently be illegal or an issue?
Clearly political.

Dems want illegals to vote. That's not debatable at this point. They've stated such desires publicly.

As a bonus, they get to continue pushing "Republicans are evil and racist" as a theme by claiming this single question "silences" people.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

White House economist says tariffs and deficits are bad.

No word on if he also said water is wet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: White House economist says tariffs and deficits are bad.

No word on if he also said water is wet.
Chris Evans is a WH advisor?