The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Pointing out propaganda isn't defending the guy.
I hate Trump, but I sometimes feel like I'm defending him when I point out how terribly the MSM has treated him. I don't want to, unless he does something right, which has happened, but rarely. Still, I think the more dangerous entity is a controlling and biased MSM. Trump will be gone in 6 months or 4 years, but the MSM will still be there. They'll still be influencing people, lying without being called on it, and so on.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

And to compound it, there are people who think themselves more intelligent than everyone else who take what the MSM, motivated by profit, not altruistic truth, says as holy writ on granite tablets from a mountain on-high, because it happens to coincide with their personal belief system. They go around feeling superior to everyone else, slowly paving the path to ruin with every other idiot.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I'm torn, because apparently we read different MSMs based on the statements you say they make.

A recent thing going around is that Trump will defund SS + Medicare, and that he'll make the payroll tax cut (that isn't actually a tax cut yet, that he instituted by execute order) permanent, meaning SS + medicare will never get funded again.

I've not seen that ANYWHERE in the MSM. But FB, Twitter, plenty of people are saying it's true. It's not. Trump has delayed payroll taxes for 1 year (Mnuchin has until Sep 1 to 'figure out' the implementation, don't expect to see changes if you earn $100k or less any time soon). Then, the taxes are due on that day, 1 year from now. But, he's promised to sign it in to law in January with the new Congress, assuming somehow that they would provide such a measure to him (He must be hoping this somehow triggers a Republican sweep?). Which means that 1 year of payroll taxes would be missing. But the memes imply forever.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

When running for president in 2016, Trump claimed his then opponent, Texas GOP Sen. Ted Cruz, a staunch conservative and practicing Southern Baptist, "holds up the Bible and then he lies about so many things."

"He goes around saying he's a Christian. I don't know. You're going to have to really study that," Trump said at the time.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/weaponi ... s_card_hed
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

When John kerry went to ohio and used hillbilly grammar when inquiring about a fishing license, that's when it was driven home that these people will say anything to win, and they hold most Americans in contempt. Religion as a weapon? Hell yeah, swing for the fences.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: When John kerry went to ohio and used hillbilly grammar when inquiring about a fishing license, that's when it was driven home that these people will say anything to win, and they hold most Americans in contempt. Religion as a weapon? Hell yeah, swing for the fences.
I was just pointing out the Trump irony. "holds up the Bible and then he lies about so many things."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

WSJ News Exclusive: The Trump administration plans to approve an oil leasing program for the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, opening up the pristine, 19-million-acre wilderness to drilling for the first time and making it more difficult to unwind the decision should Democrats recapture the White House in November.
Drill, baby, drill. Oil prices haven't been lower in decades, shale is barely profitable and sputtering, but clearly we need more oil.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I mean, I'll make money because of this, but I'd rather not. Sick and tired of the Rs treating wildlife refuges as oil fields on hold.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I mean, I'll make money because of this, but I'd rather not. Sick and tired of the Rs treating wildlife refuges as oil fields on hold.
If oil were $100/barrel or threatening to be something that's a hindrance on our economy/well-being/security, I'd understand. But right now? With no threat anywhere on the horizon? Why bother? oil futures 10 years out are $52 (versus $42 today).
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Bipartisan Senate commission tries to thread needle on 2016 election + Russian influence with trump campaign.
Members of the 2016 Trump campaign represented a major counterintelligence risk to the U.S. due to their frequent contacts with individuals with close ties to the Russian government, a bipartisan Senate investigation has concluded, though it found no evidence of direct collusion between the campaign and Moscow.

The Senate Intelligence Committee released the fifth and final volume of its Russia investigation Tuesday. The report is nearly 1,000 pages and largely supports some of the key findings made by former special counsel Robert Mueller.

Among other findings, the committee wrote that Russia took advantage of the inexperience in government of members of President Trump’s transition team and its opposition to Obama administration policies, as well as Mr. Trump’s desire to strengthen ties with Russia, “to pursue unofficial channels through which Russia could conduct diplomacy.”

“The lack of vetting of foreign interactions by Transition officials left the Transition open to influence and manipulation by foreign intelligence services, government leaders, and co-opted business executives,” the report said.

A substantial portion of the report focuses on the connections of one-time Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort with Konstantin Kilimnik, whom the report describes as a Russian intelligence officer, and Russia-aligned oligarchs in Ukraine. Mr. Manafort’s high-level campaign access and willingness to share information with Mr. Kilimnik and others “represented a grave counterintelligence threat,” the report concluded.

Mr. Manafort was sentenced to more than seven years in prison due to tax and bank fraud as part of a prosecution that spun off from the Mueller probe. He was released from a federal prison due to coronavirus concerns. Mr. Manafort couldn’t immediately be reached for comment.

The report’s bipartisan conclusions don’t cleanly bolster President Trump’s argument that Russian interference in the election was an exaggeration or hoax, nor the belief among some Democrats that it was an orchestrated conspiracy between Mr. Trump and Russia.
- WSJ
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Wake me up when anyone cares.

Rs do corrupt things and Ds scream to the heavens.
Ds do corrupt things and Rs scream to the heavens.

However, neither scream about their own party's corruption and evils. Worse, nothing is ever done except lip service to voters.

Too many people have drunk the Kool-Aid and only believe what their favorite political letter says to believe. Even when their own party is caught doing illegal things they just make excuses.

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
Nothing is going to change without blood.

Damn, I've been prophetic for decades.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Troll gonna troll.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

You could hear the audience wondering if he was serious or not. Ha!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

President Trump welcomed the support of followers of the far-right QAnon conspiracy theory Wednesday, saying he knew little about the theory but suggesting that those who subscribe to it are patriots who back his presidency.

During a White House press briefing, Mr. Trump said: “I’ve heard these are people that love our country.”

He added: “I don’t really know anything about it, except that they do supposedly like me.”

QAnon is a far right-wing, loosely organized network and community of believers who embrace a range of unsubstantiated theories. These views center around the tenet that a cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophiles have long controlled much of the “deep state” government, which they say seeks to undermine Mr. Trump.

Told by a reporter that the theory alleges that Mr. Trump is protecting the world from a satanic cult of pedophiles and cannibals, the president said: “I haven’t heard that, but is that supposed to be a bad thing or a good thing?”

“If I can help save the world from problems, I’m willing to do it,” Mr. Trump said. “I’m willing to put myself out there.”
- WSJ

I mean, aside from the actual REAL problems that he has done nothing for.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

I agree with the comment that it's like Trump is doing a bad Trump impression.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Narrator's voice: We did not keep the oil.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I have no idea what he's talking about, but I do know that anyone who doesn't understand why sharks are important is a moron.

But, to be fair, he was spot on when he swatted at the mosquito.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I have no idea what he's talking about, but I do know that anyone who doesn't understand why sharks are important is a moron.
He's talking about the debate of sharks at northern beaches (like the woman killed a few weeks ago in Maine), cuz sharks like to be up there eating seals.
Leisher wrote:
But, to be fair, he was spot on when he swatted at the mosquito.
lol
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »