The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
He throws out ideas, and spitballs, so I wouldn't take that too seriously. But... to whom would we sell it?
China?

And I actually don't mind that he throws ideas out there. I just wish they were a touch more realistic and/or not played up as jokes by the MSM.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, in their defense, what else can you do with "have we looked into the possibility of injecting hand sanitizer as a way to fight the virus?".
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Well, in their defense, what else can you do with "have we looked into the possibility of injecting hand sanitizer as a way to fight the virus?".
Don't get me wrong, some of his ideas are monumentally stupid, but I'm not sure selling Puerto Rico is as dumb as injecting hand sanitizer. And the nuke a hurricane thing...completely unpractical and no sane person would ever consider it, but I would be curious as to how a nuke would affect a strong weather pattern like that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Ivanka in the news twice today.

Poses with Goya black beans on Twitter pissing off the left.

That's pretty good trolling.

"Find Something New" campaign suggests people find new careers/jobs.

Coming from a Trump this has a high likely hood of being tone deaf/condescending. Also, without funding, it's not going to have any teeth. However, is it bad advice?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: "Find Something New" campaign suggests people find new careers/jobs.

Coming from a Trump this has a high likely hood of being tone deaf/condescending. Also, without funding, it's not going to have any teeth. However, is it bad advice?
These types of plans have existed ever since NAFTA. And, if memory serves, every time one's proposed, the other side says it's terrible for whatever reasons.

I think the US should invest in its people. Education, infrastructure, etc. It's our job to make sure we can beat China, etc. I like Google's recent program offering several "job qualifying" courses of study for like $49. The opportunities are there, and I don't have time for the nay-sayers and nit-pickers.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Right. I don't understand why encouraging people to find new lines of work, particularly upward, is a bad thing. I don't care who proposes it.
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

In Michigan, there is MIWorks which, when you are unemployed, is a job placement/retraining option. I don't know the details, but it's there to help you find a job or develop new skills. So, there IS funding and resources in place.

Oh, and also to the part of the article where people are begging congress to extend the $600 past July. Of course they are. If they stopped getting it, they would have to go back to work.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: In Michigan, there is MIWorks which, when you are unemployed, is a job placement/retraining option. I don't know the details, but it's there to help you find a job or develop new skills. So, there IS funding and resources in place.
NC's plan is to pay the lowest + shortest unemployment so you're desperate to take a job.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Genuinely another one of the few moves he has made that I agree with completely. As a nation we fell way behind the curve in the cyber space and we need to catch up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Turning to Apple, Barr rebuked the company’s decision to transfer a portion of its iCloud data to servers located in China
WTF Apple?

Do the Apple execs behind this let Jeffrey Dahmar babysit their kids?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
Turning to Apple, Barr rebuked the company’s decision to transfer a portion of its iCloud data to servers located in China
WTF Apple?

Do the Apple execs behind this let Jeffrey Dahmar babysit their kids?
The servers that were moved store the data of Chinese users.

China is not the only country with data sovereignty laws.
For example
Canada has enacted various data sovereignty measures, primarily on storage of Canadian data on Canadian servers.
I used to work for a multi-national company, and this was such a headache.

So, Barr's the asshole here, imho.
Leisher wrote: Brags about "bringing back incandescent bulbs".
We have like 100 light bulbs in/around our house, I never want to see an incandescent bulb again. It used to be a bulb going out every other week.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The servers that were moved store the data of Chinese users.
That makes more sense.
TheCatt wrote: I never want to see an incandescent bulb again
Ditto
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

I HATE the the spirally CFL lights. FUCKING HATE THEM. They are expensive and supposed to last 20 years. They burn out just as much as incandescent and are toxic to dispose of. Fucking Al Gore. I like LEDs though. Expensive, but haven't had one fail yet. Except the decorative ones. They look stupid. Standard, behind a lampshade bulb, LED. Chandelier, incandescent. LEDs have come a long way in trying not too look like a light dot and be pretty, but not quite there yet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

CFLs are garbage. I only ever bought 1, hoping something better would come out. The LEDs have been solid.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Agreed, fuck CFLs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »