Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, I wouldn't trust her during a crisis either.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: To be fair, I wouldn't trust her during a crisis either.
I'd rather her be the one up there right now than him.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: To be fair, I wouldn't trust her during a crisis either.
I'd rather her be the one up there right now than him.
I think that choice is like asking someone if they want to die in a fire or by drowning. Both choices suck.

That being said, Trump can't wait to declare social distancing over.

This is clearly businesses wanting to start back up versus the health of the populace.

We wouldn't be in as bad a mess if they would have locked down a month ago. The longer they wait, the more this spreads, the more people will die, and the worse off the economy will be.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump retweeted this.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump's popularity is inching up. Which is surprising considering how fucking terrible he has been in this situation.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump's approval ratings are climbing and this CNN opinion piece has thoughts as to why.

Written by a conservative, I think most of the points are fairly accurate. Not saying they'll win Trump the election, but he probably is getting a bump because so many people don't believe the virus is that deadly, hate the MSM, and Pelosi isn't a great face for the Dems.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump said of the coronavirus: "You can call it a germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus, you know you can call it many different names. I'm not sure anybody even knows what it is."
That was yesterday. If Biden had said that, Fox News would ask for him to be committed to an old person's home.
"China pays 25% interest on $250 billion worth of product that they send in."
No, no they do not.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Yes, the date is 2017 on that one.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: If Biden had said that, Fox News would ask for him to be committed to an old person's home.
Can we send Trump and Biden to an old folk's home?

As for the CDC one, and I guess I'm going off topic, but why do we have presidents nominating people to fill 500+ positions? That shit needs to go the way of the dodo.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: but why do we have presidents nominating people to fill 500+ positions? That shit needs to go the way of the dodo.
Now you're encouraging the deep state to proliferate.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: but why do we have presidents nominating people to fill 500+ positions? That shit needs to go the way of the dodo.
Now you're encouraging the deep state to proliferate.
Ha! But doesn't the deep state already run everything and secure their positions by making it impossible for a non-politically backed person to take the job and then nominate 500+ people?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Ha! But doesn't the deep state already run everything and secure their positions by making it impossible for a non-politically backed person to take the job and then nominate 500+ people?
I mean, it's all insanity.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I mean, it's all insanity.
It really is. There needs to be a better system in place. Even if it's simply the incoming person nominating a committee to handle the firing, then if needed, hiring of select people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

To begin with, Trump sparked concern that he will prevent oversight of the disbursement of economic rescue funds by removing a watchdog official responsible for overseeing the $2 trillion package. The move, coming after Trump ousted an intelligence community inspector general last week, was yet another sign that an already impeached President is using the cover of the worst domestic crisis since World War II to further erode constraints on his power.
Trump's acting Navy secretary quit after an episode in which he called an aircraft carrier captain dismissed for raising the alarm about virus infections among his crew "stupid."
Then Trump insisted he hadn't seen January memos by a top White House official warning about the pandemic at the same time the President was dismissing it as a threat.
He also announced he was placing a "very powerful hold" on funding for the World Health Organization, even though it correctly identified the scale of the virus and he didn't. Then moments later, he insisted he did no such thing.
Trump's top economic adviser Larry Kudlow admitted that a small business rescue program was off to "a bad start" after recipients struggled to register funds, only for the President to celebrate the program's roaring success -- and to credit his daughter Ivanka with personally creating 15 million jobs.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/08/politics ... index.html
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but he's mentally unbalanced.

The best part is the election is going to see him up against someone else with dementia.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

It'll be interesting. Biden will try to walk and talk with a big, party arm up his ass moving his mouth, and Trump will constantly be trying to dodge the gag from his party, and the nets from the people at the insane asylum.

Personally, I still think Trump is a massive drug addict.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Personally, I still think Trump is a massive drug addict.
Coke?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I don't know the affects of all of the drugs, for the most part (Where'd you learn that, Cheech, drug school?). I don't even know what new drugs are out there, for the most part. Most of his twitter ramblings, it's easy to picture him collar undone, red faced, hair messed up, tripping balls on something. I picture the Secret Servcice constantly keeping him from shitting on the white house lawn, in confusion.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Honestly, it could all be from those statins he's taking. They supposedly can fuck up your brain.