The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

More tariffs on China.

Again, really hoping there's a long term plan here...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

He actually signed an order to create the Space Force.

I mean, eventually I could see such a thing being necessary, but the Air Force has already been handling the space stuff. Not sure why this is necessary.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He actually signed an order to create the Space Force.

I mean, eventually I could see such a thing being necessary, but the Air Force has already been handling the space stuff. Not sure why this is necessary.
New Tv shows?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

I thought this was fake until I confirmed it on a few articles. Melanie trolling the media?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/me ... 1a01cf2d38
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I thought it was fake as well. She only wore it on the way to the plane, so maybe it was a jab at the press?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Does the US have a moral responsibility to invade Central America and wipe out gangs?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Legalize drugs, put the cartels out of business, and the gang problem, in a large part, takes care of itself.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Are citizens of these countries allowed to legally own guns?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Legalize drugs, put the cartels out of business, and the gang problem, in a large part, takes care of itself.
Right?
GORDON wrote: Are citizens of these countries allowed to legally own guns?
Unsure. Quick google search was fruitless
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

We should just annex Mexico and call it a day.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: We should just annex Mexico and call it a day.
Oooo, win-win. We annex Mexico, and let the Central Americans live there.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

You mean... we should annex the other half of Mexico that we didn't already annex? :-D

The part we've been in charge of is in pretty good shape.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Europe's tariffs go into effect against us.

Meanwhile, I saw a bit of news that CNN doesn't have a link for yet stating that Trump is now considering more tariffs against Europe.

I fully expect this trade war is going to lead to the U.S. pulling out of NATO and the Soviets reclaiming the Eastern Bloc. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Friendly countries may start going after Trump's personal businesses due to tariffs.

Trump disses restaurant that told Sanders to leave.

He's a child, but the restaurant was crazy in the wrong:
The owner of the restaurant, Stephanie Wilkinson, told The Washington Post that she asked Sanders directly to leave the establishment.

"I explained that the restaurant has certain standards that I feel it has to uphold, such as honesty, and compassion, and cooperation," Wilkinson told the Post.
Compassion and cooperation? You might want to look those words up in the dictionary. Unless you only save your compassion and cooperation for like minded people? Certainly there's no tolerance.

Why is it ok for the left to boycott the right and force the right into accepting the left's stuff, but not vice versa?

Just in case you think I'm full of shit, here's an opinion piece from The Washington Post on this very subject.
Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) this weekend encouraged harassment of Trump officials in public spaces. She said on MSNBC that she had “no sympathy” for those serving in the administration “who know it’s wrong — what they are doing.”
Yeah, that's healthy...

Meanwhile, a trans person got booted from a restaurant for not showing ID and the MSM is pissed.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Why is it ok for the left to boycott the right and force the right into accepting the left's stuff, but not vice versa?
The right has fought hard for businesses to be able do exactly this. It's the world we live in now. Complaining about something they took all the way to the Supreme Court and won seems...
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Now BAKE THE FUCKING CAKE.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: The right has fought hard for businesses to be able do exactly this.
Really? "It's the right's fault" is the answer? Let me do a follow up: Is anything not their fault?

If you really believe all the wrongs and evils of the world come from the right of the political spectrum then why isn't California an oasis of perfection? Illinois? New York? Europe?
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Of course not. That is a huge straw man. Check the "California" thread for thoughts on my view of the "oasis"

HOWEVER. THIS ISSUE THE RIGHT CHAMPIONED, TOOK TO THE SUPREME COURT, AND JUST WON A LANDMARK RULING ABOUT... is totally their fault.

But why does it have to be a "fault?" We can just accept what is now the law of the land. Your business can refuse the right to serve based on your beliefs. Your refusal is backed by a ruling at the highest levels of our legal system.
Last edited by Troy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: But why does it have to be a "fault?" We can just accept what is now the law of the land. Your business can refuse the right to serve based on your beliefs. Your refusal is backed by a ruling at the highest levels of our legal system.
Not quite. The cake decision was "The civil rights board of a state cannot demonstrate animus when making a determination of civil rights violation" give or take.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
Troy wrote: But why does it have to be a "fault?" We can just accept what is now the law of the land. Your business can refuse the right to serve based on your beliefs. Your refusal is backed by a ruling at the highest levels of our legal system.
Not quite. The cake decision was "The civil rights board of a state cannot demonstrate animus when making a determination of civil rights violation" give or take.
It's true - they punted it down the road to not tackle the underlying issue.

Still found 7-2 in the bakers favor.