The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

How was that in place for 144 years and nobody did anything about it previously?

How will this affect the cost of manufacturing overseas?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: How was that in place for 144 years and nobody did anything about it previously?

How will this affect the cost of manufacturing overseas?
In 1969 3rd world countries got the price break. In 2016, China's rates were adjusted up, but not a ton.

It will mostly impact smaller companies, ones that mail directly from China (via Amazon, Rakuten, etc). It won't change things dramatically for larger manufacturers (Apple, etc)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: It will mostly impact smaller companies, ones that mail directly from China (via Amazon, Rakuten, etc). It won't change things dramatically for larger manufacturers (Apple, etc)
Mainly curious because this seems to be another dagger against manufacturing overseas. I really wonder if Trump will start pressuring companies, via legislation, to move manufacturing back to the U.S. due to the trade war, pirating, this shipping thing, and the spyware thing that came out a few weeks back.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

He has labeled it partly as national security, which some of those things fall under.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Russia violates a nuclear treaty, US says it will pull out.
Administration officials believe the treaty has put the US at a disadvantage because China does not face any constraints on developing intermediate-range nuclear missiles in the Pacific and it does not allow the US to develop new weapons.
Trump, speaking with reporters on Saturday, referenced China when explaining his reasoning for pulling out of the agreement.
"Unless Russia comes to us and China comes to us and they all come to us and say, 'Let's really get smart and let's none of us develop those weapons.' But if Russia's doing it and if China's doing it and we're adhering to the agreement, that's unacceptable," Trump said.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I mean, if they're doing it, he's not wrong about us being idiots to not also do it.

Still, you'd think the leaders of the world would be smart enough to agree on getting rid of nukes.
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

As if we aren't doing it. . . .
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I like to think our secret, super science programs aren't dealing with anything as pedestrian as nuclear reactions. That's 1940's tech.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Proof that he's controlled by the Russians.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Good. More soybeans for us.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I strongly doubt the SS is allowing the president to use an off-the-shelf iPhone.

But who knows.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I strongly doubt the SS is allowing the president to use an off-the-shelf iPhone.

But who knows.
They literally are. It's been an issue since inauguration. Only for personal calls. But, still.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: They literally are. It's been an issue since inauguration. Only for personal calls. But, still.
This is true. I think Obama had a burner as well.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

What about ending it for people not in the country legally, only?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
What about ending it for people not in the country legally, only?
Trump clearly doesn't understand how the Constitution works, but that being said, I'd be in favor of ending it for people who come here illegally.

Give us your tired, your poor, your hungry, and your weak, but is it too much to ask for them to obtain citizenship, obey the laws, and acclimate themselves to our culture?