The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: "Fact, it happened because of a YouTube video."

~Hillary
Not having days of lies about the cause of it is another difference. Well... lies from the administration. A number of press outlets are referring to the attacking terrorists as "mourners".
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

Hate groups have embraced the English language. Everyone should stop speaking it now.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

There are some pretty obvious symbols of hate. The white hood. The Communist sickle and hammer. The Fox News and CNN logos. The KKK. The Oakland Raiders logo. The Nazi symbol. The raised black fist. The rainbow flag. And so on.

(I'm only kidding about one of those.)

It's starting to get ridiculous when the fucking circle game, which originated in the 1980s and was introduced to pop culture in Nov 2000 (Malcolm in the Middle S2Ep4), is now considered a symbol of hate. Yeah, Mila Kunis was spreading hate in her famous jeans ad, not trolling the entire world with her right to now punch EVERYONE in the arm...

Just because hate groups start using something doesn't mean everyone else has to stop using it.

I mean are we seriously telling the entire world that nobody is ever allowed to utter the phrase "I hate Mondays"?

There's a huge difference between an actual hate symbol and someone who is using a symbol for hate.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump to hit Euro wine makers with 100% tariff.

It's in response to France's digital services tax.

Apparently, they're just the first country among many that are working on or thinking about such taxes.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Impeachment articles coming to the Senate next week.

This is basically the same as Ringling Brothers announcing when the circus will be back in town.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

He was here yesterday with Pence.

Saw a video of the line waiting to get in to see him. Holy shit! It went throughout the downtown area, around buildings, up and down blocks. He sold out the largest arena here.

What's shocking is that this is a Democrat town. It's a manufacturing town and Rs barely even appear on ballots. The last R mayor was in the 80s. I don't think there's been an R Congressperson in my lifetime?

One of my black co-workers was talking to me about it and said his brother was going. Apparently he's a huge Trump fan. Another black co-worker, female, absolutely voted for Trump per her own words before and after the election.

I also heard about protesters being there outside of the arena, but a very small number. Here's one of them that proves my point about the area.

No point to this post. Just killing time on a Friday afternoon on a week when I'm feeling burnt out.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump has already won Louisiana.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince Vaughn met Trump at the CFP and people on the left want him cancelled.

My favorite part of this headline article is how people on the left are suggesting nut jobs on the right are making this whole story up. Yep, that's why there's a HEADLINE article about it on a known left leaning website...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

CNN is saying a trade deal with China has been signed and stocks are skyrocketing on the news.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: CNN is saying a trade deal with China has been signed and stocks are skyrocketing on the news.
0.5% up is not syrocketing
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: CNN is saying a trade deal with China has been signed and stocks are skyrocketing on the news.
0.5% up is not syrocketing
Apparently, it is to CNN.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Oh, Pence...
Pence’s op-ed in The Wall Street Journal specifically cited former Sen. Edmund Ross (R-Kan.), who broke with Republicans in 1865 to vote for then-President Andrew Johnson’s acquittal. The vice president, citing Ross, wrote, "The question naturally arises: Who, among the Senate Democrats, will stand up to the passions of their party this time? Who will stand up against 'legislative mob rule' and for the rule of law? Who will be the 2020 Profile in Courage?"
In this op-ed, Pence has distorted basic American history and civics into Soviet-style propaganda, where the facts are intentionally turned upside down. Numerous historians have written about President Andrew Johnson's impeachment, and Senator Ross' role in his trial -- including Manisha Sinha, Brenda Wineapple, David Greenberg and David Stewart. They all agree -- and no serious historian disagrees -- that Ross intended to vote for Johnson's conviction, but suddenly changed his mind. Ross did not experience an epiphany of conscience or a surge of courage. Evidence suggests he was bribed.
President Johnson's supporters promised Ross, who had only come to the Senate in 1866 through corrupt maneuvers in Kansas, that he could have appointments for his close friends in lucrative federal government jobs. In particular, Ross' financial supporter, Perry Fuller, was appointed collector of revenue in the Port of New Orleans. Fuller promptly used his position to steal $3 million, for which he was eventually arrested. Another Ross associate was appointed Superintendent of Indian Affairs in what is today Oklahoma.
These were promises made in advance to Ross. He corresponded repeatedly with President Johnson after his vote demanding compensation "in consequence of my action on the Impeachment." And the president was attentive to Ross' demands, as he was for few others. There is also reason to believe, based on circumstantial evidence and informed opinion at the time, that Ross received a large cash payment.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

There was a certainly circumstantial evidence suggesting that the thing that was never proven, happened.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Iranian government official officially offers $3M for anyone that kills Trump.

He also makes it clear that Iran REALLY wants nukes. I'm sure Israel is going to make sure that never happens.

Isn't this announcement an act of war? You can't really go around putting bounties on other world leaders' heads, even if they're complete dicks. Where's the UN to condemn this move?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Good argument. Very persuasive.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump touches third rail....
Asked in an interview with CNBC if cuts to entitlements would ever be on his plate, Mr. Trump answered yes.

“At some point they will be,” Mr. Trump said, before pointing to United States economic growth. “At the right time, we will take a look at that.”

Mr. Trump suggested that curbing spending on Medicare, the government health care program for the elderly, was a possibility.

“We’re going to look,” he said.

The interview left many questions unanswered, including whether Mr. Trump would consider touching Social Security or what part of Medicare he would be willing to shave. The president veered from answering the question about entitlements to talking about the robustness of the American economy and how his policies have helped alleviate poverty and boost jobs for minorities, perhaps suggesting that the need for entitlement programs at their current levels had waned.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Fix the health care industry (for real, this time), and Medicare would take care of itself.

That could be a second term project for him. Can you imagine the exploding heads?