The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Peace prize back in sight
Could you imagine how awful he would be if that happened?
That’s why I’m rooting for it. I’ve lost all faith in government and just wanted to be entertained.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

OMG the wailing, screaming, crying, and exploding heads.

Yes please.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: OMG the wailing, screaming, crying, and exploding heads.

Yes please.
Yeesssss!
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Pelosi shits on the job report saying the numbers mean little.

It's weird how important those numbers were under Obama.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Pelosi shits on the job report saying the numbers mean little.

It's weird how important those numbers were under Obama.
Pretty dumb on her part. She should be pushing the line that Obama deserves the credit. This sort of response is why the leads the Dems had in the generic ballot has collapsed for '18.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Bill thinks if a Dem was in office they would have already been impeached.

He also thinks the MSM would be tougher and he believes that he wasn't impeached.

I like this article because it really shows how skewed a biased mind sees things.

It's been proven that the MSM is more negative of Trump than any other president in history. Something like 90+% of the stories on him are negative. (Not that a lot of that isn't self induced.)

Clinton was impeached by the Rep held House, but was saved by the Dem held Senate. So I think where he's wrong is if the Dems held the power right now, Trump would indeed be facing impeachment.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: So I think where he's wrong is if the Dems held the power right now, Trump would indeed be facing impeachment.
Right. I think his point was "Repubs control Congress, so a Democrat would have been impeached"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: So I think where he's wrong is if the Dems held the power right now, Trump would indeed be facing impeachment.
Right. I think his point was "Repubs control Congress, so a Democrat would have been impeached"
Yep, and my point was it all works vice versa.

They don't care about voters or the country, just their parties.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Mexico returns the favor on tariffs.

Trump will probably declare war now.

Honestly, we should just annex Mexico. It's win-win.

McConnell cancels August recess.

That's sure to piss off some Senators.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Honestly, we should just annex Mexico. It's win-win.
I mean, I guess that would reduce the number of illegal immigrants...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Honestly, we should just annex Mexico. It's win-win.
I mean, I guess that would reduce the number of illegal immigrants...
It'd be hilarious to see how quickly former Mexicans started complaining about illegal immigrants from Guatemala.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

A bipartisan group of senators are trying to limit Trump's tariff powers.

Apparently, Graham met with Trump and heard the "end game" and believes Trump has a plan...

I'll believe it when I see it. As I told my lunch group yesterday, if we get to the next presidential election and Trump has brought peace to Korea AND improved the U.S.' trade deficits, do we walk into the polls thinking, "I can't believe this asshole deserves another term"?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Never Trump. Never ever, no matter what.

Party over everything.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'll believe it when I see it.
I believe Trump has a plan. Hell, he might have 100 plans. I don't believe for a second he's wedded to any particular plan at any given point in time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: do we walk into the polls thinking, "I can't believe this asshole deserves another term"?
I won't. 1) He's done a few good things. So did Obama... and Bush... and Clinton...

2) I've never voted for a winning president. why risk starting now?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I didn't vote.for him the first time, I probably will the next time simply because I have enjoyed the raw, open, and public displays of mental illness. It's not good that so many people hid it so successfully, for so long.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I didn't vote.for him the first time, I probably will the next time simply because I have enjoyed the raw, open, and public displays of mental illness. It's not good that so many people hid it so successfully, for so long.
I didn't vote for him either, but I have to admit, it's tempting to vote for him now just to watch people lose their fucking minds.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: I didn't vote.for him the first time, I probably will the next time simply because I have enjoyed the raw, open, and public displays of mental illness. It's not good that so many people hid it so successfully, for so long.
I didn't vote for him either, but I have to admit, it's tempting to vote for him now just to watch people lose their fucking minds.
I didn't vote for him. I got much more from him than I ever dreamed. Democrats have shifted so far to the left that at this point their almost open communists. Will probably for for Trump next time. The behavior of the Democrats and the press has been good for Republicans. Not sure it's good for conservatives, but good for the party.