Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I love how they always find the absolute worst photos of him. So petty, but so hilarious.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Damn I can’t believe I’m doing this, but the plan to take down ISIS Leader Al Baghdadi this weekend could only have been greenlit by one individual in our government. Trump. So credit where credit is due.

I guess it’s one of those “clock is right twice a day” moments. It was, by all accounts, a perilous operation, long planned, aborted, replanned, and finally carried out. They will make movies about the raid in the years to come.

Wild. He’s still a demented POS though.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/3 ... l-baghdadi
Last edited by Troy on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Watching the press soft peddling the guy as to not make it seem like a big deal has been fun to watch. I think Trump is capable of making good decisions, especially when they are decisions on plans someone else made and will execute. When a decision requires any sort of restraint or self control, he runs into trouble.

Unlike Biden's comments about bin Laden, this sort of call is not one that requires a lot of bravery. If this is a tough call, you're not a very good President.

I'll also add that while it almost always grates on me when Trump starts dogging people about doing this "like a dog" and that "like a dog", Trump's quote of "He died like a dog. He died like a coward," was pretty sweet.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Trump's quote of "He died like a dog. He died like a coward," was pretty sweet.
Yeah, I don't hate that quote.
Troy wrote: So credit where credit is due.
If we could all do this in all things, we'd be a much better place to live.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

John Kelly warned Trump about hiring a yes man.

Yada yada, but the part that stood out is here:
White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham added, "I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President."
I have no words...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I have no words...
Right? I mean, she sounds like Kanye talking about Kanye.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: John Kelly warned Trump about hiring a yes man.

Yada yada, but the part that stood out is here:
White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham added, "I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President."
I have no words...
That being said... it could have been a subtle burn. One's level of genius could be "zero genius."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: Trump's quote of "He died like a dog. He died like a coward," was pretty sweet.
Yeah, I don't hate that quote
Trump is a hammer that hits things. Sometimes he hits a nail. Sometimes he hits a puppy.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Chris Coons (D) thinks the crowd was wrong to boo and chant at Trump.

He says the presidency deserves respect, even if Trump acts disrespectful.

I agree...to a point. I don't think a person should be given an absolute free pass just because they happen to be president, but the office does deserve more respect than people whose letter isn't in give it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Chris Coons (D) thinks the crowd was wrong to boo and chant at Trump.

He says the presidency deserves respect, even if Trump acts disrespectful.
To an extent, I agree as well, but we're beyond that extent.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

NOT MY PRESIDENT
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I realize that's an edited clip by people who despise Trump, but holy shit is it hilarious.

If Trump acting unpresidential is shocking to you at this point, I'd congratulate you on waking from your coma.

BTW, CNN was doing the same bit.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Goddamn when will he realize shorter is better for stuff like this.

For a boring story or disclosure - do your 48 minute spiel and give your base the off-the-wall-craziness they like.

But for this sort of thing - keep it short and leave them guessing - make yourself look smart! "I know we've been publicly saying one thing, but behind the curtains we've been planning and executing this highly detailed, extremely dangerous and challenging operation. Keep this in mind when you question my bizarre decision making in the future" *drops mic*

Instead... this. "THEY DID A WHOLE LOT OF SHOOTING AT BAD BROWN MEN!!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Goodbye, coal.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy's rant is on the nose for why Trump comes off like such a buffoon even when he does something correct. Even his supporters want him to shut the fuck up. He is exhibit A in how spoiling your kid can create an entitled monster with a superiority complex.
TheCatt wrote: Goodbye, coal.
Looks like it.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I'm surprised we can't still sell it to China, since they're still increasing coal usage.

https://www.rfa.org/english/commentarie ... 11254.html
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I'm surprised we can't still sell it to China, since they're still increasing coal usage.
We have paper straws, while they make CFCs and increase coal usage. Where are the tree huggers on China, the world's #1 polluter?