The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:Trump's fault for offering to take the blame for the shutdown. I mean, talk about giving away the game before it starts.
Agree 100%. I watched this entire performance and wonder how someone this strategically stupid has two pennies to rub together, much less be a billionaire. I knew after he sent Pelosi that letter saying he was planning on giving the SOTU and she said "No you're not" and he said, "Okay, I'll do it later" that he was toast.

I think he could have had a coup on the PR side if he'd just canceled all his future televised SOTU addresses and just gone with the letter to congress (as it used to be) and a 10 minute YouTube video online for the American people.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Vince wrote: I think he could have had a coup on the PR side if he'd just canceled all his future televised SOTU addresses and just gone with the letter to congress (as it used to be) and a 10 minute YouTube video online for the American people.
I'd bet a dollar he doesn't even know that's a legal option.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote:I'd bet a dollar he doesn't even know that's a legal option.
That and even if he did, do you think his ego would let him not go on TV to give it?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Vince wrote:
That and even if he did, do you think his ego would let him not go on TV to give it?
Vince wrote:
Hard to say. I like to think he'd go for that big "fuck you." I would. Every time.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

U.S. suspends arms treaty with Russia.

On first glace, this is a "what? why?" sort of thing.

Here's the reasoning:
"For years, Russia has violated the terms of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty without remorse," Pompeo said, speaking from the State Department. "Russia's violations put millions of Europeans and Americans at greater risk."
Now this is the actual headline on CNN:
The suspension of the pact with Russia raises concerns about a renewed arms race and has put European allies on edge
And here's a statement buried in the 8th paragraph of the article:
making them a threat to Europe, where officials have unanimously backed the US decision, even as they consider their next steps and admit having little to no optimism that the treaty can be saved.
The 9th paragraph admits it even more clearly:
In a statement, NATO said America's allies "fully support" the US decision because of Russia's threat to Euro-Atlantic security and its refusal to provide any credible response or take any steps towards full and verifiable compliance.
Do you think the average CNN reader gets 8 paragraphs into the article or do they just immediately see the headline and think, "Stupid fucking Trump's going to start WWIII"?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

How did I never hear about this?

Is Newsweek reliable? Was this later proven untrue or something?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

State of the Union tonight, so prep your alternative viewing.

CNN has a front page piece explaining why it will just piss people off.

I mean, when you haven't even heard the speech and you're already condemning it...

Dems to roll out political pawns.

I fucking hate this shit and really don't understand why people allow themselves to be used in this manner. This isn't an attack just on the Dems, both parties do this garbage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

UNC vs NCSU!
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump talks about not playing politics, particularly revenge politics, and here's how Pelosi responds:
[media]https://dynaimage.cdn.cnn.com/cnn/anima ... litics.mp4[/media]

When the two major political parties refuse to cooperate on even things they should, and instead act like children, the system is fucked.

Most partisan SotU audience ever.

And here's all you need to know:
And the glowing reviews came largely from the Republicans (87% very positive) and independents (57% very positive) who tuned in. Democratic speech-watchers largely had negative responses (64% very or somewhat negative).
Republicans liked it, Democrats hated it. Shocking. Obama sure united the country, huh? :D

CNN's five takeaways.
And he started on just that note. "There is a new opportunity in American politics, if only we have the courage to seize it," the President said in the speech's earlier moments. "Victory is not winning for our party. Victory is winning for our country."
Which is a great sentiment!
The problem, of course, is that Trump is a deeply flawed messenger on the whole "unity" thing.
Wow. We love the idea of peace and working together, but we hate Trump, so fuck it!

Also, note that #5 was "Democrat reactions". The president gave a speech about the state of the union and CNN can't find 5 things to talk about? They also can't do it without taking shots at one party and pretending another was doing something awesome by rolling their eyes or golf clapping?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wow. We love the idea of peace and working together, but we hate Trump, so fuck it!
Trump did this same crap 2 years ago when he was new. He preached unity, etc... for like 5 seconds, then turned into the constant asshole we all know + love.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Wow. We love the idea of peace and working together, but we hate Trump, so fuck it!
Trump did this same crap 2 years ago when he was new. He preached unity, etc... for like 5 seconds, then turned into the constant asshole we all know + love.
At no point do I suggest he's anything, but the narcissistic asshole he's proven himself to be, but CNN's job is to report facts, not praise Dems for acting like children and shitty on a president talking unity because he's a Repub.

I don't remember their snarky remarks whenever Obama talked about transparency...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump asks for unity and working together. He says we need to end the pettiness and revenge politics. CNN mocks him for it because he's him.

House announces investigation into his financial ties to Russia.

Perhaps by the time the next election rolls around they'll have impeached him? Just in time for president Pence to bring R voters back to the party, and possibly even some Is. I mean, what's the strategy behind this besides trying to shame Trump? Your best bet to win the White House back is to leave him in office.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Trump asks for unity and working together. He says we need to end the pettiness and revenge politics. CNN mocks him for it because he's him.
China says the US should stop using cyberattacks.

What's your response?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Trump asks for unity and working together. He says we need to end the pettiness and revenge politics. CNN mocks him for it because he's him.
China says the US should stop using cyberattacks.

What's your response?
I have my friends in the MSM make fun of him and then I launch a massive cyberattack against them.

I've already stated my position on Trump many times. If you think I'm a Trump defender you're delusional. However, not liking Trump doesn't mean I like the Dems' hypocrisy and the bias of the MSM.

Have you ever jumped on YouTube or a late night talk show and watched random people/students get interviewed? They're fucking morons and are being completely mislead and misinformed. It's a genuine problem, and it very much irks me.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I think the problem is that CNN.com is almost all analysis, not news. They tend to label those pieces as "Analysis," but it's seems to be most of their content.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

They're all that way. I bash CNN a lot, but that's because it's where I go for news. I refuse to go to FOX. Not only is their site a fucking mess, but I don't want to read cheerleader pieces about Trump.

The news should NOT be the fucking news! Report it, don't make it!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: They're all that way. I bash CNN a lot, but that's because it's where I go for news. I refuse to go to FOX. Not only is their site a fucking mess, but I don't want to read cheerleader pieces about Trump.

The news should NOT be the fucking news! Report it, don't make it!
I go to both, to get my daily dose of insanity, but go to AbcNews or WSJ or actual news.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I have about 10 peeps I follow on Twitter that get me the news that trending.