The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

R's lawyer up. Trying really hard to drive the wedge between Rudy and Trump. Sondland is holding firm there. "All of us were under the impression that Rudy = Trump." Moved on quick to safer territory.

Nunes went on and on about secret information that would clean this all up. Sondland points out to R's lawyers that the WH and State Department are holding the important info back.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

R's lawyers doing good cleaning up some testimony.

Suddenly, Nunes grabs the mic again in a plea to out the whistleblower so the Pizza Gate crazies can shoot him.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Troy wrote: R's lawyers doing good cleaning up some testimony.

Suddenly, Nunes grabs the mic again in a plea to out the whistleblower so the Pizza Gate crazies can shoot him.
His name is Eric Ciaramella. No one that cares about who he is doesn't know. It's on just about every not left of center web site. They are only working to preserve his credibility.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Vince wrote:

His name is Eric Ciaramella. No one that cares about who he is doesn't know. It's on just about every not left of center web site. They are only working to preserve his credibility.
Ahh. Interesting. I see Breibart naming him now. Red State too. Not many reputable news sources are. Fox News sure isn't.

The guy should be in hiding. The Pizza Gate crazies already know.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Troy wrote:
Vince wrote:

Ahh. Interesting. I see Breibart naming him now. Red State too. Not many reputable news sources are. Fox News sure isn't.

The guy should be in hiding. The Pizza Gate crazies already know.
His name's been out for a couple of weeks, I think. I posted about him elsewhere some time ago. Might have even been in this thread.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Trump's "no quid pro quo" argument has always been kind of dumb. The entire purpose of foreign aid is quid for a foreign country's quo.
100% fact. However, peeps aren't supposed to benefit personally from it.
Vince wrote: One thing has come out with these hearings is that the issues with Biden and Burisma isn't nothing. A loooot of career state department people had raised concerns about it during the last administration we found out yesterday.
I think this is extra for at least some of the Dems. They don't want Biden, so they're fine raising stuff that can be used against him to clear the path for Warren, Sanders, or someone else.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

I think both Hunter Biden and Rudy Giuliani should be required to testify.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump, reading off a pad of paper with notes jotted in black marker, said he told Sondland on the call: “I want nothing. I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. Tell [Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy] to do the right thing.”
Super believable.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: I think both Hunter Biden and Rudy Giuliani should be required to testify.
Sure, why not. Giuliani is knee deep in this all, and there's more than enough smoke to start looking into the Bidens.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Troy wrote: I think both Hunter Biden and Rudy Giuliani should be required to testify.
Sure, why not. Giuliani is knee deep in this all, and there's more than enough smoke to start looking into the Bidens.
Agree to all. And I want to look into what the state department was doing there as well.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

David Holmes is another bad witness for Trump. Maybe worse than Sondland because he appears to be more up for it. He’s testifying to direct experience of Trump asking for the quid pro quo. Kind of a funny story too.

Will see how the R’s cross plays out.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Dr. Hill, The state department witness is good and believable, but she seems to be here just to shut down conspiracy theories. Not gonna get into the muck.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Troy wrote: Dr. Hill, The state department witness is good and believable, but she seems to be here just to shut down conspiracy theories. Not gonna get into the muck.
She's smoked her credibility. In 2015 she wrote a lengthy op-ed in the Washington Post about how dangerous it would be to provide aid in the form of arms to the Ukraine. Now she's saying she was worried that Trump wouldn't do just that. Hope they try to nail the jello down.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Vince wrote:
Troy wrote: Dr. Hill, The state department witness is good and believable, but she seems to be here just to shut down conspiracy theories. Not gonna get into the muck.
She's smoked her credibility. In 2015 she wrote a lengthy op-ed in the Washington Post about how dangerous it would be to provide aid in the form of arms to the Ukraine. Now she's saying she was worried that Trump wouldn't do just that. Hope they try to nail the jello down.
It seems possible that the still ongoing war and essential invasion of Ukraine by Russia had something to do with her turn around?

E: yeah she just answered that in the testimony. I missed most of the quote but sounded like she saw it as necessary to keep the Ukraine military viable against Russia. I’m paraphrasing.
Last edited by Troy on Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Schiff is one of the most off putting individuals I've ever seen on TV. He's like some sort of creepy android that goes into a standby mode when he's not talking. Even when they're talking to him. He never moves his head or eyes. It's weird.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Troy wrote: It seems possible that the still ongoing war and essential invasion of Ukraine by Russia had something to do with her turn around?
It's certainly possible. I think she should be asked about it with some specificity.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Ok. The R’s attorney and Nunes need to listen to the most important rule of crossing witnesses when it comes to Dr. Hill. DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS YOU DON’T KNOWN THE ANSWER TO IN A COURTROOM.

She’s a font of really good info, but it’s generally coming in very badly for Trump and Rudy Giuliani, especially.
Last edited by Troy on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imC9elewpx4&feature=emb_logo

DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO.

e: It's at about 1:45 that the R's counsel knows he fucked up.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS YOU DON’T KNOWN THE ANSWER TO IN A COURTROOM.
Shit, I know that from watching Law & Order and movies about lawyers. :D