The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Republican Mass Governors speaks about Trump
He's not wrong, but he is...but so is Trump. Order has to be restored, but a leader would have asked for calm and taken action to get there. He would have worked with community leaders to find out what can be done to end the violence WITHOUT more violence. Instead Trump just immediately threatened citizens and then insulted all the governors.
TheCatt wrote: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nationa ... d=71004151

Such bullshit.
Is he the president in reality or the president of some oppressive nation in a movie?

Maybe in times of unrest you should keep your ass at the White House?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Is he the president in reality or the president of some oppressive nation in a movie?
I don't know. I just don't understand what the fuck he was thinking. "Let's gas some protesters, and have me clutch a bible, because those people will vote for me no matter what?"
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

“Is that your Bible?”
Trump: “... It’s a Bible.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Thanks for posting this, TheCatt!
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

If Trump leaves office and immediately reveals this was all a long con job...we'll kinda have to respect it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: If Trump leaves office and immediately reveals this was all a long con job...we'll kinda have to respect it.
Last night just felt like a... bad version of candid camera, right?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I am genuinely searching for "good" in the world right now, and it's a bit frustrating.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

You know, there's a timeline where the pressure of 2020.... which you have to admit is unprecedented in the last 100 years.... could keep spinning up and the economy keeps getting worse, and that feeds the rioting, and that worsens the economy, and then next year it's 1974 all over again. There's a timeline where Trump is right, and we need to start executing troublemakers in the streets.

I hope we aren't going that direction, but we're a lot closer to it now than we were in 2019.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: I am genuinely searching for "good" in the world right now, and it's a bit frustrating.
For me personally, things are a hell of a lot better right now than they were 12 months ago, and that's a comfort. But that isn't something one wants to share publicly. People get angry and want to knock you down a peg.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote: I am genuinely searching for "good" in the world right now, and it's a bit frustrating.
For me personally, things are a hell of a lot better right now than they were 12 months ago, and that's a comfort. But that isn't something one wants to share publicly. People get angry and want to knock you down a peg.
I don't. I'm genuinely happy for you. I've said that before.

And honestly, things are great at my house. I just don't like what I see when I look out the window. We've given people a way to communicate with the world, and it seems like only the dumbest and most hateful of us are using it.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I mean, what can you do? Just get a gun and be prepared to defend you and yours. You can't change the world, only live in it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY WHEN BLACK PEOPLE ARE BEING MURDERED?!

(better?) Yeah, we've been relatively unaffected as well by the events of this year, aside from having to stay home a lot. I certainly haven't posted that publicly, but have in private converstaions.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I'm one of those people who like being at home, anyway. I do miss movie/dinner twice a month... but I don't chafe by not leaving home for days in a row.

Honestly, not having to commute the kid to/from school twice a day was a fucking blessing. My mental health was being affected by the constant road ragers.

WHich is interesting.... when the universe sees me getting stressed out by a commute, it orchestrates a global pandemic to give me a break.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I'm one of those people who like being at home, anyway. I do miss movie/dinner twice a month... but I don't chafe by not leaving home for days in a row.
After 2 months, I was finally at my "got to get out point"... I've met up with friends a handful of times. Outdoors.
GORDON wrote: Honestly, not having to commute the kid to/from school twice a day was a fucking blessing. My mental health was being affected by the constant road ragers.
I do hate traffic, and driving. And waking up at 6:30 for my kid's school.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: I'm one of those people who like being at home, anyway. I do miss movie/dinner twice a month... but I don't chafe by not leaving home for days in a row.
After 2 months, I was finally at my "got to get out point"... I've met up with friends a handful of times. Outdoors.
I've been looking at google maps in my area, and saying, "I think I'll hike *there* today." Like, way down the train tracks, down the creek, etc. Leaving the house without dealing with other people.

Other people are just the worst thing ever.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Other people are just the worst thing ever.
They've really crowded up the hiking and walking paths around here. Even on good days we used to see about 10 people on our daily walks. Now it can be like 40.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote:
Leisher wrote: Executive order coming aimed at social media.
FB employees prove something needs to happen to remove their power and influence on society.

I'm not even saying I disagree with them, but this is proof that them having the power to censor people without consequences is a bad, bad idea.

Unchecked power is always bad.
Zuck stands up to his SJW workers' virtual walkout. Stands by his decision to not censor Trump's words.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

"We all saw what happened last week. We can't let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that is happening for our country. It's a great day for him, it's a great day for everybody. It's a great day for everybody, this is a great, great day in terms of equality"
Quick question: Are days better alive or dead?
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

"Yes. They are better. Because of all the great policies I've implemented over the last few weeks, ALL days are now better. Thank you president Trump!"