The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, on the surface, I'm all for federal funds not being used to rebuild a city that the local government just let burn down. The locals burned it down while the local government watched. Seems like a local problem to me!
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

President Donald Trump on Thursday evening denied having ever called Sen. John McCain of Arizona a "loser," despite having previously tweeted out a news article that described him doing exactly that.

Trump and his senior officials on Thursday attempted to deflect the blowback from an article published in The Atlantic that quoted several unnamed sources who said the president had made disparaging remarks about US service members — including those who died in battle and those who went on to become notable politicians.

The Atlantic's sources said Trump referred to McCain and President George H.W. Bush, two former US Navy fighter pilots, as "losers" for being shot down in battle.
Trump is a pile of garbage.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

If there is a loophole in the law that allows funds to be cut from a city/state because they are run by Ds or Rs, it needs to be plugged ASAP.

That being said, leaders like the Portland mayor need to be removed from office. There's a massive difference between allowing protests nightly and allowing random violence nightly.
TheCatt wrote:Trump is a pile of garbage.
Pretty much indisputable.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
That being said, leaders like the Portland mayor need to be removed from office. There's a massive difference between allowing protests nightly and allowing random violence nightly.
I agree with you, but it's Portland's choice. Stupid, stupid Portland.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump is going to brag about his environmental accomplishments.

I don't even have a smart-assed remark. I don't know if he truly believes he's good for the environment, if he's just selling snake oil, or if this is his dementia.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I don't know if he truly believes he's good for the environment,
He thinks he's good for everything.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump is pulling more troops out of the Middle East.

Think it's political or are we finally at that point?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Trump is pulling more troops out of the Middle East.

Think it's political or are we finally at that point?
Trump has zero credibility on anything, so who the fuck knows.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

He was playing it down? Why is this the first I'm hearing about this? Holy shit, breaking news.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: He was playing it down? Why is this the first I'm hearing about this? Holy shit, breaking news.
This.

We all know who Trump is at this point and that he's never said anything in public that he won't later deny. He spent the first 6 months of the pandemic proclaiming it to be fake news and never wore a mask. If you think he took it seriously from the start you're delusional. In all honesty, he should lean into the comments from the Woodward interview because "not wanting to start a panic" plays much better than "simply incompetent".
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Fucker stole my strategy. Hate to say it, but he has a point about Woodward too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

"So what if I lied to the American people who lied to me? Someone knew and didn't say something!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote:
WSJ News Exclusive: The Trump administration plans to approve an oil leasing program for the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, opening up the pristine, 19-million-acre wilderness to drilling for the first time and making it more difficult to unwind the decision should Democrats recapture the White House in November.
Drill, baby, drill. Oil prices haven't been lower in decades, shale is barely profitable and sputtering, but clearly we need more oil.
Except where it matters for elections.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: "So what if I lied to the American people who lied to me? Someone knew and didn't say something!"
To quote someone else, he's not technically wrong. :D

I hope Biden reverses the drilling shit before he does anything else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

You hope Biden allows oil wells off Florida, GA, and SC?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: You hope Biden allows oil wells off Florida, GA, and SC?
I don't think we need new wells anywhere at this point in time.

Let oil climb in price. Necessity is the mother of invention. Higher prices will get everyone driving those electric cars they want us to drive.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I hope Biden reverses the drilling shit before he does anything else.
I assumed you meant ANWR?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Yes sir