The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: There are more planes in the ocean than there are boats in the sky. :-D
What about all the boats taken by UFOs in the Bermuda Triangle? :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Still more.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Ummm...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently Nancy Pelosi called Trump Morbidly Obese (which certainly appears true), and MAGAs are getting their panties in a twist. No such outcry can be recalled when he called the former Miss America Miss Piggy.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I've never looked at him and thought "Obese," much less morbidly.

This is some good political discourse though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I've never looked at him and thought "Obese," much less morbidly.

This is some good political discourse though.
Cuz he hides in those suits. Look closer.

She was making the comment in the context of his medication and coronavirus risk.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I will not look closer, and you cannot make me.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Apparently Nancy Pelosi called Trump Morbidly Obese (which certainly appears true), and MAGAs are getting their panties in a twist. No such outcry can be recalled when he called the former Miss America Miss Piggy.
To be fair to his insane supporters, if he called her morbidly obese (pretend she was), the left would be losing their fucking minds. We've been told for years that body shaming is a huge no-no, even when you're discussing someone's health. "Big is beautiful" and you're not allowed to discuss how "big" negatively affects one's health.

That being said, Pelosi is right. Trump is pretty large.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Ann Coulter is not a Trump fan.
Coulter went on an early Sunday morning Twitter tear, calling President Donald Trump “the most disloyal actual retard that has ever set foot in the Oval Office.”
Ouch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Well, she and I can agree on something.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Executive order coming aimed at social media.

I assume they might have been working on this, if not, this is clearly petty bullshit. "They didn't like my tweet, so I'll create a law to fuck them."

However...
It argues that the protections hinge mainly on tech platforms operating in "good faith," and that social media companies have not. "In a country that has long cherished the freedom of expression, we cannot allow a limited number of online platforms to hand-pick the speech that Americans may access and convey online," the draft order says. "This practice is fundamentally un-American and anti-democratic. When large, powerful social media companies censor opinions with which they disagree, they exercise a dangerous power."
I don't disagree with that.

We're walking a really fine line now where misinformation can spread easily and ALL news outlets routinely make shit up or spin it. Should social media companies really be in charge of what's true and what isn't? If the MSM can't even report news without political bias, how can we expect a corporation to do so?

And no matter how wrong his tweets or whatever might be, isn't it his right to be wrong?

But that all being said, this probably isn't the right move?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

He's such an idiot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump spoke to governors on a video teleconference with law enforcement and national security officials, telling the local leaders they “have to get much tougher” amid nationwide protests and criticizing their responses.

“Most of you are weak,” Trump said. “You have to arrest people.”

Attorney General Bill Barr, who was also on the Monday call, told governors they have to “dominate” the streets and control, not react to crowds, and urged them to “go after troublemakers.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Tact is a completely foreign concept to Trump.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Executive order coming aimed at social media.
FB employees prove something needs to happen to remove their power and influence on society.

I'm not even saying I disagree with them, but this is proof that them having the power to censor people without consequences is a bad, bad idea.

Unchecked power is always bad.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

FB doesn't have unchecked power, per se. It's giving the stupid, crazy people the ability to group up and share crazy ideas that's the main problem.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I think social media is a wonderful innovation and has definitely made the world smaller. I use it daily.

I'm also not sure it isn't the tool that will bring about the end of civilization, or at least, the end of our Democratic society/Republic.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Republican Mass Governors speaks about Trump

Granted, it's MA, so Republican only means so much, but...
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker on Monday excoriated President Donald Trump's "bitterness, combativeness and self-interest" as nationwide protests have intensified over the death of George Floyd.

The Republican governor made the comments at a press conference when asked about Trump's video teleconference call, in which the President urged state leaders to aggressively target violent protesters. The call came after nearly a week of protests across the country that at times have turned violent over the death of Floyd, a 46-year-old African American man who died at the hands of a police officer in Minneapolis.
"I heard what the President said today about dominating and fighting. I know I should be surprised when I hear incendiary words like this from him, but I'm not," Baker told reporters. "At so many times during these past several weeks when the country needed compassionate and leadership the most, it was simply nowhere to be found."
Instead, he continued, "we got bitterness, combativeness and self-interest. That's not what we need in Boston, it's not what we need right now in Massachusetts and it's definitely not what we need across this great country of ours either."
The President's hardline message to governors comes as he and his advisers continue to debate the wisdom of a national address following the protests, one of which took place outside the White House and led him and his family to retreat to an underground bunker on Friday night.
"You have to dominate or you'll look like a bunch of jerks, you have to arrest and try people," the President told the governors in a call from the basement White House Situation Room, according to an audio recording of the call obtained by CNN.