The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

"We’ll be invoking the Defense Production Act, just in case we need it," Trump said. "In other words -- I think you will know what it is -- and it can do a lot of good things if we need it, and we will have it all completed, signing it in just a little while, right after I'm finished with this conference. I'll be signing it,"
He doesn't know what he's doing, right?
"We are sending, upon request, the two hospital ships. They are being prepared right now. They are massive ships. They’re the big white ships with the red cross on the sides. One is called the Mercy and the other is called the Comfort. And they are in tip-top shape,"
I expect stuff like this from a 7 year old.

China owes everyone trillions.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

"The captain's name is Captain Roger. He's a nice man. He let me steer the ship!"
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I expect stuff like this from a 7 year old.
He makes George W. Bush look like Shakespeare.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Listening to Trump speak on this stuff is just.. saddening.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Someone HAD to feed him that. No way he made it up himself.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I've seen the Twitters have tons of random posts about various drugs treating cornoavirus. No idea if any were legit. I'm guessing that's where he got it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I've seen the Twitters have tons of random posts about various drugs treating cornoavirus. No idea if any were legit. I'm guessing that's where he got it.
So the idea of using that specific drug is definitely valid. The FDA just hasn't cleared it, specifically. But the FDA already allows some level of off-label usage, I'm not sure the guidelines behind that. So he technically fucked up, but of all his fuck-ups from today's presser, that was not the biggest by far.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

The exchange, which occurred at the White House's daily coronavirus task force briefing, began when NBC News reporter Peter Alexander asked Trump whether he was giving Americans "false hope" by touting unproven coronavirus drugs.
Toward the end of the exchange, Alexander cited the latest pandemic statistics showing thousands of Americans are now infected and millions are scared.
Alexander asked, "What do you say to Americans who are scared?"
Trump, shaking his head, ripped into Alexander in response.
"I say that you are a terrible reporter," Trump replied. "That's what I say."
The President proceeded to launch into an extended rant against Alexander, saying he asked a "nasty question" and assailing NBC and its parent company, Comcast.
"You're doing sensationalism," Trump charged. "And the same with NBC and Comcast. I don't call it Comcast. I call it 'Con-Cast.'"
"Let me just tell you something," Trump added. "That's really bad reporting. And you ought to get back to reporting instead of sensationalism."
At Thursday's coronavirus press briefing, Trump smeared The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post.
"They're very dishonest," Trump claimed.
Speaking at the White House's daily coronavirus briefing, Trump praised a right-wing conspiracy outlet which produces propaganda on his behalf,
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

It's very important to not give people hope.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: It's very important to not give people hope.
Is that better than facts?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: It's very important to not give people hope.
Is that better than facts?
Not really. If the facts say there's no hope, and there's nothing you can do, then all you're doing is causing despair.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

On reddit and other places, there's a good 20% of extreme Doom Sayers, linking sketchy site that prove we're all going to die in horrible ways, and life as we know it is over. You can sort of see the effect it has on the conversation, a killing of the spirit.

I think these people need to be silenced, for the greater good. It's not helping. If people decide it's all over, they'll behave as such and prepare for the end. If they believe that one way or another life's going to go on for a good long time, they'll behave as such and ride it out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Theres definitely hope, but Trump is just lying. That's false hope.

Anyone using the 3% death rathe is exaggerating, based on what we know. Something like 1% seems reasonable, but has some plusminus based on population health, etc.

I buy the massive # of infected if we do nothing. The point is to slow things down enough to let science win.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

"The national guard will be walking the streets within 2 weeks, stopping everyone who is travelling, and shooting you on sight if you don't have a good reason to be out."

"We're going to be having 10k deaths a day within 2 weeks, and there will be massive piles of burning bodies in all the cities."

"The banks will all fail when no one pays their loans, and money will become useless, so you'd better have gold or bullets because it's all coming to a head, soon."
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't think any of that justifies lying.

"Nothing to worry about. It's just the flu. Go about your daily lives as normal. We've got this under control." is I think more dangerous than your quotes as it is actively putting people at risk, if not in danger right now. How many people are now sick, and how many will die because they believed the lies? Why would that be acceptable?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

People aren't isolating. Stores are open, people are waiting in line to get in, people are flying. Everybody's still going to take a turn, and the vast majority will come out on the other side just fine. The doom and gloom predictions will do nothing but hurt morale. Maybe someone saying, "You know, it's not really all that bad" would do more good than harm.

I'm still not sure if tanking the economy was worth it, but time will tell.

I'd like to be able to buy a gallon of milk again at some point, I know that much, but apparently people are scared and hoarding it around here.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: "The national guard will be walking the streets within 2 weeks, stopping everyone who is travelling, and shooting you on sight if you don't have a good reason to be out."

"We're going to be having 10k deaths a day within 2 weeks, and there will be massive piles of burning bodies in all the cities."

"The banks will all fail when no one pays their loans, and money will become useless, so you'd better have gold or bullets because it's all coming to a head, soon."
I don't remember anyone in an official capacity saying any of those things.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

CT + IL staying home.

People here are pretty much staying home. Definitely way, way, way less traffic when I go out to the store.

Does gasoline in your car go bad eventually?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I know. I listed those things on what the mood is on other forums, doom and gloom, and misinformation. How it isn't helpful. How it probably hurts.