The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I saw an article on CNN, I think, saying it's a move to appease China in the wake of the tariffs.

Considering the MSM isn't roasting him over this, I guess it's an accepted move?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

China contributing $500 million to Trump project in Indonesia.

Maybe this is the "I scratch yours" from the ZTE deal?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: China contributing $500 million to Trump project in Indonesia.

Maybe this is the "I scratch yours" from the ZTE deal?
Well, that's what the conspiracy theorists will suggest no matter what.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GOP governors pushing for Trump to get Nobel Peace Prize.

I cannot fucking believe I'm going to write this, but he would deserve it more than Obama when he won it. (And admitted he didn't know why he won it.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: GOP governors pushing for Trump to get Nobel Peace Prize.

I cannot fucking believe I'm going to write this, but he would deserve it more than Obama when he won it. (And admitted he didn't know why he won it.)
I cannot argue with the latter. But there's still plenty of time for things to blow up (literally or figuratively)
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

"The President is not my father and the State is not my God. Politicians are not my heroes and bureaucrats are not my priests."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: "The President is not my father and the State is not my God. Politicians are not my heroes and bureaucrats are not my priests."
I have no idea what that is from.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Racist director takes shots at Trump for being racist.

Spike isn't wrong about Trump's response to Charlottesville being shitty, but he's the pot calling the kettle black.

P.S. Lots of black on white crime happened during Obama, and I didn't hear him speaking out against it or anyone criticizing him for that. He sure did align himself with Michael Brown's family though. Remember him? The guy who strong arm robbed a convenience store, then went outside and beat the shit out of a cop, then got shot by the same cop when Brown was returning to do something else and somehow that meant the cop was racist. That was an insult to cops, law abiding citizens, and whitey, but I digress...

Trump tower transcripts released. Prove nothing. Big news anyway.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Maybe we need to start a Cold War 2 thread because I truly, truly think a new one has started and nobody has acknowledged it yet.

Soviets will have new hypersonic weapons by 2020.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

In a poll you won't see on CNN, public confidence in Trump on NK is rising.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: "The President is not my father and the State is not my God. Politicians are not my heroes and bureaucrats are not my priests."
I have no idea what that is from.
Just something someone said, that I liked.

I've been contemplating the idea that in a generation of Americans that is more and more nihilistic with religion and tradition eschewed and going by the wayside, a lot of people still need something to believe in, in their soul. I think they've latched on to politics as a religion, and their political party is like their religious sect, and people have needed much less reason to kill each other than that, in the past.

So I saw that quoted line, and liked the brevity of it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Black guy wears Trump hat into Cheesecake Factory and gets berated by employees.

I really don't understand the logic of people publicly attacking folks with different politics. Do they think their actions are going to change the person's mind? Because quite the opposite is true.

And while this incident is left against right, the right does this shit just as much. Morons.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

It's really too bad that their job isn't, "Berate people with politics that I don't like." Because then they would have been doing their job.

I'd fire everyone involved.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

More Trump affairs will be revealed soon.

At some point someone's going to have to explain why this all matters, particularly in Trump's case since they all happened before he took office. With Clinton we were told repeatedly affairs before and during his presidency didn't matter. Kennedy had a room created for his deeds while in office. Meanwhile, every music star, Hollywood star, pro athlete, and rich person on the planet is banging away most things that move and nobody gives a fuck.

What are we, as a society and country, gaining from the time, energy, and money on finding out who Trump diddled and then paid to not talk about it? What's the end game?

This is not defending the asshole, this is a legit question as to why anyone should give a fuck outside of schadenfreude.

In other news, Trump refers to Mexican gang members as "animals" to which the left leaning parts of the MSM and the Dems lose their fucking minds. Headlines talking about Trump calling illegals "animals" are all over. Granted, once you click them they make it apparent who he was talking about, but it's clear what they were doing. At this point, I don't know if it's bias or just trying to get clicks with outlandish headlines.

Meanwhile, Jerry Brown is bashing Trump and calling him a liar. He says Trump is lying about all immigration, CA laws, and crime, but doesn't give any specifics. This was in response to Republicans from CA meeting with Trump to discuss CA's sanctuary cities and illegal immigration problem.

Call me crazy, but either Jerry Brown or Donald Trump is breaking the law by harboring people who have illegally entered the country, and the other isn't. Correct me if I'm wrong. Wouldn't that person be the liar?

I cannot stand Trump, but when you are clearly baiting people, telling half truths, and 91% of your stories about someone are negative (not a made up number, an actual stat) how can you pretend to be morally superior to the person you're slandering?

I just don't understand that tactics at play. If they want to undermine Trump, just let him be himself. Trying to counter him with lies and half-truths is only emboldening his base and pushing independent voters like myself into defending him because what they're doing is far more dangerous to freedom and our democracy than some blowhard playing president.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: and money on finding out who Trump diddled and then paid to not talk about it? What's the end game?
I think the main question is whether or not he broke any laws (campaign finance, etc).
In other news, Trump refers to Mexican gang members as "animals" to which the left leaning parts of the MSM and the Dems lose their fucking minds. Headlines talking about Trump calling illegals "animals" are all over.
Yeah, it was pretty clear what he meant, but of course all the headlines say "immigrants"
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I think the main question is whether or not he broke any laws (campaign finance, etc).
If he did, then prosecute the fuck out of him. I'm sure releasing more names of people he drilled will help prove...something...

And when they're done with him, they can go after the Clintons who both illegally took campaign contributions from foreign donors. Ditto for Barack.
TheCatt wrote: Yeah, it was pretty clear what he meant, but of course all the headlines say "immigrants"
Already saw this on Twitter being posted as fact:

Vice News is reporting it as fact as well, and isn't even adding the truth about who he was talking about.

I really don't understand how people can't see this blatant manipulation or how they do, yet continue to support these outlets/politicians.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Because it fits their religious sensibilities.

My god is better than your god.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump gives first quarter salary to VA.

Nice move.

Then he makes a statement that's sure to irritate NK.

Is there ever going to be a day when it's just win-win with Trump or will the good always get balanced with bad?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

FBI Officials Admit They Spied On Trump Campaign
http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/17/10- ... -campaign/
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Yes, because those four people deserved to be spied on. The government should be keeping tabs on people like them.