The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Seems odd, but yeah, probably money from parents. Very few people make it in politics or to SCOTUS without having massive financial and political connections.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

NYTimes under fire for goofing Kavanaugh story and for offensive tweet.

What got people riled up about Kavanaugh yesterday? A new allegation. What are the details? Here you go:
The allegation in the book hinged on the recollection of a Yale classmate who The Times reported contacted the FBI and lawmakers during Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing. The Yale classmate, who is now a prominent lawyer, has declined to comment publicly, according to The Times.
But the book, "The Education of Brett Kavanaugh," included a key detail that the essay published by the Times was lacking: The woman at the center of it, who'd been a student at the time of the incident, declined to be interviewed. Moreover, her friends said she did not recall the incident.
Get that? The allegation comes from a classmate who refused to be interviewed about it, and not from the alleged victim who has no recollection of the alleged incident.

That's what got people riled up demanding Kavanaugh's impeachment. Innocent until proven guilty? Ha! Guilty until proven innocent, and even then you should lose your career just because I oppose you politically.

Journalism in 2019:
https://youtu.be/41ENCM70xr0
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Read an article outlining the best evidence that this story is a complete sham and all reporters involved should lose their jobs for lack of critical thinking.

The "witness" that says he saw Kavanagh whip it out and point it at the victim at the party went on to work on Clinton's legal defense team for all the Whitewater special counsel investigations. At the time Kavanaugh was working for Ken Starr on said investigation. So while Bill Clinton was being accused of an unwanted and unwelcome exposing of his unit to Paula Jones, this attorney is just going to let ride the fact that he was witness to one of the attorneys on the side of the special prosecutor did the same thing his client was accused of? Does it even seem believable that this juicy tidbit wouldn't have made it to a willing accomplice press at that time?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump Administration hiding whistleblower's complaint from Congress.
Viewed another way, Maguire's conduct appears to be the latest manifestation of the administration's multi-front strategy to thwart Congress' oversight efforts.
If an inspector general in a government department finds misconduct or uncovers information that rises to a high level of wrongdoing defined as "urgent and credible" under whistleblowing legislation, the legal recourse is to involve Congress.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

The autoplaying video told me that this revelation was a "bombshell."

Oh my.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I'm guessing people's opinions have more to do with their R or D than their affinity for a dumb island.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I enjoy Mackinac, and my opinion is based solely on how shitty that is. Even FedEx and UPS use horse-drawn wagons for delivery.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I've been to Mackinac Island many times.

To be fair to Pence, they have emergency vehicles (ambulances, fire, police) they just don't drive around daily. They also have snow mobiles, airplanes, boats, etc. So the claim of "banned motorized vehicles" is a bit bullshit. Also, I'm quite certain this wasn't his decision, but the Secret Service's.

That all being said, why the fuck is he even there? It's a tourist destination and it's post-tourist season. Nobody in his detail or on his staff thought, "This might not go over well."? UPS delivers there via horse-drawn carriage. I've seen it, and it was very cool. You're telling me the Secret Service couldn't wrangle up a horse for Pence to ride or a bike?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Gordon posted while I was typing, but I'll beat him to this: "Jinx, buy me a coke!"
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: To be fair to Pence, they have emergency vehicles (ambulances, fire, police) they just don't drive around daily. They also have snow mobiles, airplanes, boats, etc. So the claim of "banned motorized vehicles" is a bit bullshit. Also, I'm quite certain this wasn't his decision, but the Secret Service's.
This. I suspect if they'd gone through the required protocol for a horse or bike ride, they'd still be required to have the motorized vehicles trailing them in the event of an emergency.

More brave journalisming.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Horseshit.

Literally.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Democrats threaten impeachment. Trump authorizes releasing transcript of call with Ukraine. Democrats still threatening...

And Trump criticized China in his UN Speech
Trump at the UN: He took shots at China during his UN address today, accusing the nation of breaking promises to the international community to "adopt promised reforms." Trump also took a shot at Venezuela's Nicolás Maduro in his speech, calling him a "dictator" and a "Cuban puppet." He called Iran's regime one of the "greatest security threats facing peace-loving nations" and urged nations not to "subsidize Iran's bloodlust."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: He took shots at China during his UN address today, accusing the nation of breaking promises to the international community to "adopt promised reforms."
He's not only not wrong on this one point, he's 100% correct and the whole international community should be holding China's feet to the fire about it.

But I guess oppressing their people, supporting NK, being hostile to Taiwan, being the world's leader in piracy (movies, software, music), leading the world in corporate espionage, still making CFCs and breaking all climate treaties, making their own islands in a land grab, etc. are all shit we should ignore.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Hold on I'll put my 14yo in some camera-friendly makeup and we can prop him up and he can read your words verbatim. That's how we get our point across.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Impeachment Inquiry
JUST IN: House launches formal impeachment inquiry
Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi just announced Congress is launching a formal impeachment inquiry.

"The President must be held accountable. No one is above the law," she said
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Oh good. This will dominate the headlines for fucking ever, result in millions upon millions of wasted tax dollars, and result in nothing.

Serious question: Did the Dems do this because polls show they might actually lose the next election?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

It would be funny if they did, because this will galvanize the people who voted for him in the first place.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Oh good. This will dominate the headlines for fucking ever, result in millions upon millions of wasted tax dollars, and result in nothing.

Serious question: Did the Dems do this because polls show they might actually lose the next election?
He's done worse than Bill did, imho. So... it is what it is.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: It would be funny if they did, because this will galvanize the people who voted for him in the first place.
Exactly what a CNN opinion piece was saying today.
TheCatt wrote: He's done worse than Bill did, imho. So... it is what it is.
No argument. Bill just lied about getting a BJ while making a foreign dignitary wait on a scheduled meeting.

If nothing else, here's hoping this forces some dignity back into politics... HA! Can't believe I typed that all before the laugh.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

The impeachment talk is great timing with what looks to be the collapse of the Ukraine whistle blower narrative. If the liberals could just not be crazy for the next year, they'd kick his ass easily. They can't stop themselves.