The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

It's racist to point out how bad places in Baltimore are. Unless you're pointing out how racist it is to make people live in bad places in Baltimore that are connected to Trump.

Journalism is broken.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

CNN's "analysis" piece proving Trump and Fox News are wrong about Baltimore.

The problem with that piece is it's just an opinion piece. No facts or stats are given. Weird for an "analysis"...

Also in Baltimore.

Yes, that's from today.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

12 years ago I was offered a lucrative job offer in Baltimore. I said no. No, and no.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Ok, here's the bad joke Ive been telling for 20 years:

More like Balti-less, amirite?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

lol
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Ok, here's the bad joke Ive been telling for 20 years:

More like Balti-less, amirite?
Maybe it's Baltimore because they have more murder, more drugs, more crime?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump triples down
WASHINGTON—President Trump called on the House Oversight Committee to investigate “corrupt government” in Baltimore, and said he would personally get involved to help if asked by the city’s residents, who he said are “living in hell.”

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Mr. Trump again singled out the Democratic chairman of the committee, Rep. Elijah Cummings, whose Maryland district includes about half of the city and much of two surrounding counties. The president claimed, without citing evidence, that billions of dollars have been “stolen and wasted by people like Elijah Cummings.”

Mr. Cummings hasn’t been accused of any wrongdoing. “I will continue to do every day what I am duty-bounded to do—help my constituents to live their best lives and serve as a check on the Executive Branch,” Mr. Cummings wrote on Twitter Tuesday afternoon.

“He should take his oversight committee, bring it down to Baltimore and really study the billions and billions of dollars that’s been wasted, stolen,” Mr. Trump said.

Mr. Trump added that Baltimore’s residents, especially African-Americans, have been the primary victims of corruption in Baltimore and are “living in hell.” He previously described the city as a place “no human being would want to live.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Good. Put all cities on notice.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I wonder if Trump's message would be listened to if Obama had said it? Because he's not wrong about billions being wasted, although how much in Baltimore is questionable. How much of our tax dollars get wasted every year on complete nonsense or go into people's pockets without us seeing a benefit?
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I wonder if Trump's message would be listened to if Obama had said it? Because he's not wrong about billions being wasted, although how much in Baltimore is questionable. How much of our tax dollars get wasted every year on complete nonsense or go into people's pockets without us seeing a benefit?
Democrats don't complain about money being wasted. Republicans complain about it, but keep wasting it anyway.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Democrats don't complain about money being wasted. Republicans complain about it, but keep wasting it anyway.
I remember a long time ago when we pretended that Republicans were fiscally conservative.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

They are looking forward to pivoting back to the party of fiscal responsibility as soon as a democrat takes the White House.

I was having the conversation with my dad after this latest budget boondoggle that the entire reason I'm against so many of these proposed government programs is because we can't afford them. If the Republicans are just as set on bankrupting us as the Democrats, maybe it'd be smarter to support them for the "free money" so we can stock up on ammo before the collapse.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

After four days of assailing Democratic Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland and describing Baltimore as a “living hell,” President Trump was asked to explain his strategy.

“There’s no strategy. I have no strategy. There’s zero strategy,” he told reporters Tuesday. “It’s very simple.”
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-alli ... C2AL_ZUNOU
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: “There’s no strategy. I have no strategy. There’s zero strategy,” he told reporters Tuesday. “It’s very simple.”
Is that the most honest thing ever said in politics?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: “There’s no strategy. I have no strategy. There’s zero strategy,” he told reporters Tuesday. “It’s very simple.”
Is that the most honest thing ever said in politics?
Well, he's certainly not lying.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

For a moment I thought Morgan Freeman was spitting fire.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Acting Director of USCIS rewrites Statue of Liberty poem
CUCCINELLI: Well, of course, that poem was referring back to people coming from Europe where they had class-based societies where people were considered wretched if they weren't in the right class.
Someone who knows more about the poem than Cuccinelli discusses its history + origins
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I wish the press would stop acting like the poem on the statue of liberty was a founding document. For some reason the Constitution is a living, breathing document that we can reinterpret on a whim, but we dare not infringe on The New Colossus.