The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Republicans think Trump > Lincoln
I promise you there were similar polls for Obama.
Obama > Trump? I'd buy that.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Republicans think Trump > Lincoln
I promise you there were similar polls for Obama.
Considering there are people who think he was the greatest president ever, that's not a reach.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I couldn't find any Obama-Lincoln, so here's Obama-Washington.
A new Monmouth poll asked a similar question this week — pitting both Trump and Barack Obama against George Washington — and found that, while Republicans preferred Washington by a seven-point margin, Democrats didn’t feel the same way. A full 63 percent of Democratic respondents backed Obama and just 29 percent chose Washington.
So Republicans: Washington > Trump > Lincoln.
Democrats: Obama > Jesus, I guess.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I couldn't find any Obama-Lincoln, so here's Obama-Washington.
A new Monmouth poll asked a similar question this week — pitting both Trump and Barack Obama against George Washington — and found that, while Republicans preferred Washington by a seven-point margin, Democrats didn’t feel the same way. A full 63 percent of Democratic respondents backed Obama and just 29 percent chose Washington.
So Republicans: Washington > Trump > Lincoln.
Again proving that people who vote strictly for a letter are the problem.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

It isn't just the letter. Obama had dreamy abs , too.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Partial deal kinda sorta reached.
Michael Pillsbury, an adviser to the president, said he spoke with Mr. Trump, who said the deal calls for China to buy $50 billion worth of agricultural goods in 2020, along with energy and other goods. In exchange the U.S. would reduce the tariff rate on many Chinese imports, which now ranges from 15% to 25%.

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier Thursday that the U.S. side has offered to slash existing tariff rates by half on roughly $360 billion in Chinese-made goods, in addition to canceling the tariffs on $156 billion in goods that Mr. Trump had threatened to impose on Sunday. That offer was made to Beijing in the past five days or so.

Should Beijing fail to make the purchases it has agreed to, original tariff rates would be reimposed. Trade experts call that a “snapback” provision, though the president didn’t use that term, Mr. Pillsbury said.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Partial deal kinda sorta reached.
I almost added a "maybe" on that post. Sigh
[tweet]http://www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/ ... 4546235393[/tweet]
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Partial deal kinda sorta reached.
I almost added a "maybe" on that post. Sigh
[tweet]http://www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/ ... 4546235393[/tweet]
I have no idea what he's saying in half of his tweets. This could either be him actually shitting on the story because it's false, his weird way of trying to not let details get leaked, or just him taking shots at the MSM. Who knows?

Articles of Impeachment approved. Vote next week in the House.

How many Americans do you think have no clue what this means?

We all know this will pass the house, but considering the defense by the Rs and the tepidness of some Ds who see this as a political L, what are the odds this passes through the Senate?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

The story was basically 100% accurate: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/13/china-s ... gning.html

What a retard (it's part of my culture)
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

See? I genuinely think that's just him lashing out at the MSM.

He truly has the emotions of a spoiled 5 year old.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: See? I genuinely think that's just him lashing out at the MSM.

He truly has the emotions of a spoiled 5 year old.
STOP STEALING MY THUNDER... Wwwaahhhhhh
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: So Republicans: Washington > Trump > Lincoln.
Of course. Democrats don't believe in Jesus.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I foresaw some blow back due to the impeachment, but in the words of Merlin, "I never saw this!"

Democratic impeachment holdout Jeff Van Drew planning to switch parties
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: I foresaw some blow back due to the impeachment, but in the words of Merlin, "I never saw this!"

If stuff like this isn't a reminder that the letters are usually interchangeable, I don't know what is...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: I foresaw some blow back due to the impeachment, but in the words of Merlin, "I never saw this!"

If stuff like this isn't a reminder that the letters are usually interchangeable, I don't know what is...
Remember when Trump wanted fair trade, elimination of the national debt, and universal healthcare? And decried the Republican party as being "too crazy right." ? When he proposed a wealth tax starting at $10M? (That would make the most liberal D candidates seem tame). Or when he was pro-choice?
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

My understanding is that they threatened to primary him for voting against impeachment the last time around (he was one of the two). This is such a goat rope.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I'd love to see the internal polling on this that Nancy Pelosi has. The day after passing articles of impeachment from the house, Pelosi is now refusing to answer questions about it.

Two things I was wrong about. The Nunes vs Shiff Memos that were released early last year. I thought we'd discussed it at the time, but can't find it now. At any rate, I figured both sides were playing up their strong points and that the truth was somewhere in the middle. Per the IG report released on the FISA warrant, the Nunes report was pretty much 100% accurate and the Schiff report was pretty much 100% made up.

The other thing I was wrong about... I never bought into Carter Page working with the Russians because he's just so goofy. In a Woody from Cheers sort of way. So when he was talking about his work with intelligence I figured it was something he was aggrandizing. I was pretty shocked when it came out he'd actually done work for the CIA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

For the first time in history, a Home Alone 2 cast member has been impeached.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I think it's interesting Pelosi might sit on impeachment. Is there any move that proves this is about politics and not doing the right thing more than that?

Donald Trump is evil, broke the law, and MUST be removed from office, but we're going to wait until we think bringing this back up can hurt him and his party in the election cycle... Which is exactly how the Republicans are going to use it to energize their base.

Can we just fast forward to President Camacho already?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Is there any move that proves this is about politics and not doing the right thing more than that?
One could make the argument she's trying to get a fair trial in an arena where the person in charge has already said there will not be a fair trial.