The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I don't like any instances of mob justice.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Remember when that conservative cookie place refused Biden? Man, the Trump tweets that day....

Restaurant is closed for a week, as far as I can tell.
So...do you work for CNN? Because that is some impressive twisting of an event to make it seem like you're comparing apples to apples.
Chris McMurray had just opened his bakery, Crumb and Get It, Wednesday morning when he received a visit from Biden’s advance team asking if he’d host the vice president for a media event on the way to his scheduled speech at Virginia Tech.

McMurray politely declined out of a difference in politics, and Biden instead went up the street to the River Street Grill instead.
Show me the part where Biden himself was already sitting and being served when he was told to leave. Show me the part where they harassed him as he went to the other place.

And yeah, closed at least until July 5th, but she indicated it could be longer. Love how the article I linked shows how the protesters and supports are nutjobs, while the rest of the city, Dems and Repubs, all get along despite differences in politics.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

NK still being NK.

CNN opinion piece screaming the sky is falling due to Kennedy's retirement.

It implies abortion, gay marriage, and affirmative action are all in danger.

Abortion? Maybe.

Gay marriage? The public is way too behind it now. People on both sides of the aisle accept it.

Affirmative Action? I support getting rid of this one. No matter how you slice it, it's racism.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Gotta get those clicks. Gotta scare those voters.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

IDK - the threat to abortion rights seems pretty real.

Evangelicals aren’t Trump’s die hard base because of his outstanding morals, that’s for sure. This is their end game.

Remember when Trump said we should “punish” women who have abortions? Pepperidge farms remembers.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Bah. If it happens, I'll admit I was wrong, but that still doesn't mean I could have changed anything.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Remember when Trump said we should “punish” women who have abortions?
I do not, but he's a dick so it's completely believable.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump still an idiot
"Russia continues to say they had nothing to do with Meddling in our Election!" Trump wrote on Twitter Thursday morning. He went on to question why US law enforcement agencies weren't investigating other perceived influences on the election, which he has repeatedly said was rigged for his opponent Hillary Clinton.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Troy wrote: IDK - the threat to abortion rights seems pretty real.
The threat to abortion has been gradually happening regardless of SCOTUS. If you look at the views of 18 year olds on abortion, support has been going down for about the last 20 years. And it sort of makes sense. The pro choice crowd has been VERY set against laws requiring sonograms before an abortion. The reason being, they are fairly effective in changing the mind of the pregnant woman. Today, almost every kid that reaches voting age has as their first baby picture... a sonogram image of them in utero. And the technology is getting better all the time. Hell, I've seen 3d images from the womb now where you can tell who the kid is their features are so clear and distinctive. So I think abortion, or at least the Roe v Wade decision is on its way out.

At that point it simply returns to the states to decide. You're safe in CA.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Are you sitting down? Do so because Trump did something both parties will hate, but most voters will love...

Wants congressional term limits.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Are you sitting down? Do so because Trump did something both parties will hate, but most voters will love...

It's always the freshmen lawmakers, or candidates in favor of this stuff. Give them two years.

That, and how about 1 term limit for presidents?
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Are you sitting down? Do so because Trump did something both parties will hate, but most voters will love...

I'm on board with this now. I know of no good reason for them not to have term limits. I want the Constitution Amended to make this happen.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: That, and how about 1 term limit for presidents?
They have limits. Let's work on the jackasses that don't.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Canadian restaurant manager says customer cannot wear MAGA hat. Customer leaves, manager fired.

And restaurant gets Yelp-bombed. First, by Trump supporters, then by Trump haters. Yay!
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

It's almost like no one ever smiles when the.conversation turns to politics.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

From that linked article:
“I stand by my decision.” He explained: “The MAGA hat has come to symbolize racism, bigotry, Islamophobia, misogyny, white supremacy, [and] homophobia.”
But here's the thing, it's the anti-Trump crowd who has assigned it that meaning. Oh, there are absolutely people who support Trump who are down with that stuff (and people on the other side of the aisle who do), but it's not even remotely everyone, which means it's YOUR bigotry on display.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I didn't read it, but assume he's being called a racist for eliminating a racist policy?
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

The Asians took the biggest hit with those. By a huge margin.