The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: On the drive South today, in some state, I saw a strip club billboard advertising Stormy Daniel's appearance for two days in August.
Apparently business has been HUGE for her since this whole thing started.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

What an unexpected side-effect for her.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: On the drive South today, in some state, I saw a strip club billboard advertising Stormy Daniel's appearance for two days in August.
Cool! That's like advertising a "celebrity hooker" will be appearing there. Go with enough cash and she'll fuck you.

Has anyone bothered to ask her what her end game is with this Trump thing? Or are they avoiding that knowing the answer is publicity and money?

Former VA sec blasts DC calling it toxic.

No shit.

Judge says lawsuit into Trump taking illegal foreign gifts can go forward.

Good. If he took them lock his ass up. But, serious question, we know for a fact the Clintons took money in their campaigns from foreign donors...where is their trial?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

EPA to roll back Obama fuel efficiency rules.

Seriously, if not to help cronies, then why? Who does this help?
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: EPA to roll back Obama fuel efficiency rules.

Seriously, if not to help cronies, then why? Who does this help?
Which? The rolling back rules that haven't engaged yet, or the implementing them in the first place?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump tells advisers he wants to pull out of Syria.

Job done? Then get the fuck out! If not, stay and finish up.

Sanders joins Trump in blasting Amazon.

I don't like this at all. I also think it's hilariously hypocritical from someone who's pro-big government.

Also, it's only the 3rd largest U.S. company, so why aren't you going after the top two? Did they pay their bribes, but Amazon didn't?
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:Also, it's only the 3rd largest U.S. company, so why aren't you going after the top two? Did they pay their bribes, but Amazon didn't?
Jeff Bezos runs Amazon. Jeff Bezos bought Washington Post. Washington Post regularly dings Trump. Trump goes after Bezos by going after Amazon. Bezos could save a ton of money by simply having the WaPo write glowing editorials about Trump and stop spending money on lobbyists.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Bezos could save a ton of money by simply having the WaPo write glowing editorials about Trump and stop spending money on lobbyists.
That'll work for 2 more years, then what?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump gonna Trump. Proposes $100B more tariffs
Dow futures fell after Trump's announcement on Thursday and were down about 400 points in after-hours trading.

That followed a day of stock market gains as investors appeared to warm to the idea that the barbs between Washington and Beijing were all talk.

Investors were reassured by Larry Kudlow, the director of the White House National Economic Council, who also characterized the tariffs as just proposals in remarks on Thursday.

He told reporters there is "nothing around the corner" regarding any concrete tariff plans.
It has to be weird to work somewhere with no plans, no leadership, and no integrity.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

New sanctions target Putin allies.

Maybe we'll get a new cold war?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: New sanctions target Putin allies.

Maybe we'll get a new cold war?
Cold war... trade war with China... maybe I should ask Gordon to teach me how to can foods?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

North Korea ready to denuclearize in talks with US.

Trump might actually do something nobody else could do!

But then there's this...
Blames Obama for Syrian chem attack. Also threatens Russians and threatens/insults Syrian leader.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Is Trump just a troll?

Threatens to bomb Syria.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I really wonder if he and Putin made a deal to restart the cold war. It's really win-win for both countries.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump orders top to bottom review of welfare programs.

He wants more of them working if they can.

Ok, I'm a fan of this move. Maybe I won't be a fan of what they decide, but the goal of welfare should be to help people get back on their feet so they don't need welfare. We shouldn't have 5 or more generations of a family living off of it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

He's not resigning though. He's going to full his serve term as he was elected to do. (at 40 seconds for that quote)
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Trump orders top to bottom review of welfare programs.

He wants more of them working if they can.

Ok, I'm a fan of this move. Maybe I won't be a fan of what they decide, but the goal of welfare should be to help people get back on their feet so they don't need welfare. We shouldn't have 5 or more generations of a family living off of it.
Providing this as a counter-point. Not my argument.
Counter-point
Cakedaddy

The First Trump term.

Post by Cakedaddy »

I think the biggest boost to welfare recipients would be if they got rid of all lotteries. Scratch off, powerball, etc. I see so many poor people wasting money on lottery tickets, its infuriating. I've watched people buy baby formula and candy with their food stamps then drop $60-100 on lottery tickets. Get rid of the fucking freeloaders and those that are in true need will be able to feed their families with all the money that others steal from the program.

What about all the people that CHOOSE to be on public assistance even when they have the chance for something better. Recently had an employee that was only making about $33k a year. BUT. . .I hired him with no experience and was training him. At the two year mark, sat him down and let him know that my goal that year was to get him to over 50k for the year. It would take him working overtime (averaging about 48 hours a week), but he'd get there. A combination of a raise and more hours at time and half. Instead, he quit his job so he could go back to getting $1600 a month (plus stamps, etc) by not working at all. Tried very hard to talk him out of going backwards and to further develop a career that would support him and his family. Nah. Too hard.