The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump suggests a "space force".

People are bashing him for such a ludicrous suggestion.

The timing might be ludicrous, but a "space force" is an inevitability.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Sanctions Russia for tampering and cyberattacks.

Condemns Russia for chem attack in UK.

So those are pieces of good news, but it's not all good...

Admitted to lying to Trudeau in a trade meeting.

Just, why the fuck? The lying part doesn't bother me in the slightest. Do what you need to do to get a good trade deal. But why brag about it later? Especially knowing it'll be leaked and potentially hurt not only future deals with that country, but ALL countries.

Trump blocking Broadcom from buying Qualcomm changes the landscape for mergers that happen over borders for the U.S.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Just, why the fuck? The lying part doesn't bother me in the slightest.
Right? This is just dumb.

I'm fine, I think, with the Broadcom-Qualcomm thing, haven't looked into it much.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I'm fine, I think, with the Broadcom-Qualcomm thing, haven't looked into it much.
The article seems to indicate it might turn out like tariffs, where we win now, but lose later.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump is cleaning house.

I honestly can't keep track of his moves anymore. This could be good? Bad?

Trump Jr is getting divorced.

I'm sure a rich guy with a billionaire father will be single a long time...
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Interesting.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I honestly don't know that I love that, but...

If you own a bar and over-serve someone, you can be held responsible for anything that happens to them once they leave your bar. Ditto if you are a home owner and you throw a party.

As a police officer you can go to jail if you fuck up in the line of duty. Even if you were doing the right thing. Ditto for most public servants. Especially true of the military. Doctors can face jail time for misusing prescriptions. Air traffic controllers could face punishment if they are negligent.

Now clearly, the death penalty isn't at play in those scenarios, but there are punishments that get handed out if you do things dangerously or carelessly in your chosen profession.

So the logic to punish drug dealers in the same manner works. Not sure it "death penalty" works, but it's more than nothing.

It also is very interesting, in that, it turns the tables on who has power in the drug user/drug dealer relationship. Depending on the specifics of the law, this would make being a drug dealer far riskier.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I dunno. It's pretty hard to actually drink yourself to death. It's pretty easy to OD one time and kill yourself.

It's an interesting decision. I think we'll see a lot of "OMG look at this poor dealer on death row/goddam trump" stories, if it happens. Pretty much the polar opposite of "let the druggies kill themselves, if they really want to," which Trump would also be criticized for, if he went that route.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: It's pretty hard to actually drink yourself to death.
It's not just that. If you drive home and kill someone, the bar/home owner can also be held responsible.
GORDON wrote: It's an interesting decision. I think we'll see a lot of "OMG look at this poor dealer on death row/goddam trump" stories, if it happens. Pretty much the polar opposite of "let the druggies kill themselves, if they really want to," which Trump would also be criticized for, if he went that route.
As I've said before, Trump could cure cancer and people would shit on him for it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Proposed $60 billion in tariffs in China might already be getting results.

If this works, we're all going to have to admit that Trump might know business.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Proposed $60 billion in tariffs in China might already be getting results.

If this works, we're all going to have to admit that Trump might know business.
Skeptical, but let's see... That being said...
While Trump has repeatedly singled out China as a key trade violator, his toughest actions such as withdrawing from an Asia-Pacific trade pact -- which excluded China -- and slapping tariffs on steel have undermined relations with allies more than with the world’s second-biggest economy.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Headline after reunification: "Trump Puts Border Guards out of Work, Korean Unemployment Rises."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Joe Biden says he'd kick Trump's ass for disrespecting women.

1. Fuck the MSM for making this "news".
2. Can you even remotely imagine the outcry if someone had said this about Obama?
3. Joe Biden is full of shit. We're to believe he's such an honorable person? Where was he when Clinton was trolling whores out of the White House?

Also, why is it when Dems suggest violence to solve a problem, they're heroes. However, when Repubs do it, they're warmongers?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Meow
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I genuinely hate the biased reporting more than what the asshats from either party actually do.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: I genuinely hate the biased reporting more than what the asshats from either party actually do.
I hear you. It insults your intelligence, and just adds fuel to the fire of the weak-minded.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

To further my point, Trump responded and instead of reporting his response as news, like they did with Biden's comments, they instead run this "headline article".

But according to many people, only FOX is the "propaganda machine".
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Fuck it, let's get this fight going. I'm tired of the arguments, let's see some violence. America would pay for that.