Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Oh good, a Canadian pop star who came to the U.S. and who routinely breaks lots of our laws (not to mention spits on people, shits in their buckets, and so on) has an opinion on our immigration policy. Why wouldn't that be news?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Bieber weighs in
I think I speak for Trump supporters and detractors alike when I say Justin should definitely go back to where he came from.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Bieber weighs in
I think I speak for Trump supporters and detractors alike when I say Justin should definitely go back to where he came from.
Well, OK, we're just going to have to agree here.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I've been seeing a trend where left leaning folks are tweeting clips and sound bites of Trump being racist in years prior. What they aren't discussing is how he was a huge democrat supporter back then. He used to be really tight with the Clintons too.

Here's the New York Times pointing out how he's using "Race for Gain".

Imagine if his whole party used tactics to pit people of different races, sexes, sexual orientations, sexual identities, etc. against one another? You know, like the Democrats did when they made the, admittedly very smart, decision to make social issues the highlight of their platform.

Can everyone please stop pretending one party or the other is more/less racist? They both are using and dividing us equally.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
Can everyone please stop pretending one party or the other is more/less racist? They both are using and dividing us equally.
Been saying this for years.

But as long as a hundred million people still believe, "Yeah but the other side is worst," it won't be fixed. And you can't fix people without blood, sooooo.....
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What they aren't discussing is how he was a huge democrat supporter back then.
Trump's a "whatever benefits me" supporter. Being from NY, that probably meant more Democrats than Republicans, but he supported both parties until about 2010.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Trump's a "whatever benefits me" supporter. Being from NY, that probably meant more Democrats than Republicans, but he supported both parties until about 2010.
Agree. That's why I had big concerns about him getting the Republican nomination. He didn't really seem to have a core set of beliefs outside himself.

He's been better on some things than I expected, but to be honest I think that has as much to do with Democrats being stupid and just pushing him into a corner than anything. I think they could have gotten far more from Trump than any other Republican President had they not gone into seek and destroy mode the moment he won.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

In a shocking twist, everyone in government agrees to spend even more money that they don't have

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-a ... l_hero_hed
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: In a shocking twist, everyone in government agrees to spend even more money that they don't have

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-a ... l_hero_hed
They really are "our best and brightest"...
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

At this point we deserve what we get.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

This is the best story of the day.

Yeah, someone got fired, but they deserved it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I laughed. Puppet
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

House Dems, lead by Nader, are suing for Mueller evidence so they can decide if they want to impeach Trump.

With just over a year left of Trump's presidency, this is clearly a political move and a massive waste of money. Even if they got a smoking gun, by the time they tried to oust him it'd already be 2020.

I think they're honestly concerned about him in the next election cycle.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I remember way back during the Kavanaugh hearings when we were told that the FBI was much better equipped to handle a criminal investigation than the Senate was. Apparently it was the House that was best suited for an investigation.

The intent here is to drag out the hope that they might impeach because they don't want their base bailing on them in 2020. I've already been seeing on Twitter cries that is they don't impeach they're done with the party.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Maybe if our betters keep.calling us stupid, we'll eventually start voting the way they want us to.

Maybe call us stupid louder, with greater frequency. I dunno, just spitballing, here.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Fox News Trump lashes out again.
he President on Saturday suggested that conditions in Cummings' district, which is majority black and includes parts of Baltimore, are "FAR WORSE and more dangerous" than those at the US-Mexico border.
"If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place," Trump wrote, arguing that Cummings' "district is considered the Worst in the USA" and "no human being would want to live there."
The President gave no indication of the basis of the claim but the tweets followed a segment that aired an hour earlier on Fox News, in which a Republican strategist said conditions in Cummings' district were worse than those at the southern border.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: Fox News Trump lashes out again.
It was a stupid and childish thing to say. Unfortunately they decided to say it was a racist attack instead of pointing out how just dumb it was.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

He's a dick. Nothing new.

I am curious though as to the accuracy of his statement. That article is bashing him for being racist, and they discuss the racial makeup of the district, but they don't discuss the crime or financial stats of the district.