The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Troy

The First Trump term.

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: 1. I have no idea how Trump thinks homelessness is a new issue.
2. That "cleanup" in SF sounds about as effective as putting a sponge on the beach to stop the tide.
1. Yeah, it's so silly. The Great Depression had to have a bigger numbers.

2. Yup. And or raking the beach at low tide. And it's still considered "inhumane"
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: 1. I have no idea how Trump thinks homelessness is a new issue.
I'm guessing he saw a story on Fox about it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump's WH does something so right that CNN admits it.

Trump might use executive action on the census.
The bitter controversy centers around whether the administration can ask all recipients a citizenship question on the 2020 census for the first time since 1950 -- a move that could impact the balance of power in states and the House of Representatives, which are based on total population. Adding the question, critics say, could result in minorities being undercounted.
I'm still waiting for someone to give me a realistic explanation of how this will make minorities be undercounted.

This excuse is constantly brought up for just about every issue or bill that comes up that would hold people accountable or otherwise simply make them identify themselves. Call me crazy, but if simply identifying yourself is a deal breaker, maybe the issue is that person, not the issue or bill.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm still waiting for someone to give me a realistic explanation of how this will make minorities be undercounted.
A new U.S. Census Bureau research paper found that 8% of the population could be undercounted if the citizenship question is added, because households with noncitizen members might question the confidentiality of their responses and choose not to respond, fearing possible government misuse of the data.
Not my argument, but it's a/the argument.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

WHy does anyone think the trump administration wants an undercount of minorities? That makes it less scary.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: A new U.S. Census Bureau research paper found that 8% of the population could be undercounted if the citizenship question is added, because households with noncitizen members might question the confidentiality of their responses and choose not to respond, fearing possible government misuse of the data.
Yeah, that's what I indicated is always the reply.

I don't buy it. Furthermore, I don't care. If you are that mistrusting of the government or even hiding out from it, why would you be entitled to or want representation?

It's the exact same excuse and argument for checking ID at polling centers. "It'll make minorities afraid to come vote." Then fuck 'em!

You're either participating in our society or you're not. End of story.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Another day, another crazy old man on Twitter

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ves-office
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Nah, they'll remain in dick-sucking mode no matter who.wins.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Another day, another crazy old man on Twitter
I'll give him this, he's not boring. Tomorrow he could literally stand on the WH lawn and yell at clouds. Would anyone be shocked?
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

His tweets make me shake my head sometimes, but they don't really phase me other than that. I think the press wig out a lot more than most people about them. Trump says stupid stuff on Twitter. The press cranks the reporting on every tweet to a level 11 hair on fire to the point where most people just ignore the fire alarm now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump: Constitutional scholar
“Nobody ever mentions Article II,” Trump continued. “It gives me all of these rights at a level that nobody has ever seen before.”
Unlike you, most people have seen the US Constitution before.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Budget deficit jumps 23% from last year thanks to Trumps' tax cuts.
The Trump administration is predicting that the budget deficit will likely exceed $1 trillion for the entire fiscal year, which ends on Sept. 30. That's up from $779 billion a year earlier.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I didn't see where they indicated the cause was the tax cuts.
Federal spending rose to $3.36 trillion in that period, while revenue increased to $2.61 trillion -- both records.
Seems like there's a spending issue. If they actually started passing budgets again, it might at least throw a speed bump in there.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Trump.Cures Cancer - Thousands of Oncologists Unemployed
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

A number of factors are driving the deficit increase, including the $1.5 trillion tax cuts signed by President Donald Trump in 2017 along with a massive spending package.
This tax cut massively benefited me, but it was still a terrible idea
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

No, but really, why would anyone panic? Congress will jump bump the debt ceiling and they'll borrow more. End of crisis.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Trump.Cures Cancer - Thousands of Oncologists Unemployed
If only there had been some accompanying good news?
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Antifa attacks an ICE facility with firearms and explosives. Other protesters lower the US flag at a CO ICE facility and raises the Mexican flag. Pelosi and AOC (and their peeps) are a really going at each other. And apparently Trump was getting upset that they weren't talking about him. All you had to do was be silent.
So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......
....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....