The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Dude, I haven't seen shit, tweets or otherwise. People always lie. So I've asked a few questions here, assuming peeps here don't lie, trying to put the picture together.

If what you've said in this thread is true, "He doesn't pay taxes" as an illogical conclusion to draw.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: "He doesn't pay taxes" as an illogical conclusion to draw.
So why are you drawing it?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

You're fucking with me now, right?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I think what Gordon is getting at is the fact (you stated it as such) that Trump has cut tax checks for millions. However, the headlines say he doesn't pay taxes. So there's a disconnect between those two statements.

I don't know enough about accounting and tax codes to get involved, but I always assume rich people are playing in gray areas. Even folks like Gates and Buffet. The rich stay rich by hoarding if they're not making wise investments.

So I wouldn't be shocked by Trump engaging in tax evasion because I assume he does already.

And just FYI, I do find it interesting that people are so interested in the taxes and finances of Trump, yet it doesn't bother anyone that all these people enter Congress poor, yet walk out millionaires.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think what Gordon is getting at is the fact (you stated it as such) that Trump has cut tax checks for millions. However, the headlines say he doesn't pay taxes. So there's a disconnect between those two statements.
2016: Initial tax estimates for $4M. He pays that amount, but extended his tax filing. For his final filing, he decided to use a federal tax credit to reduce his liability from $4M to $750. He owed $750 for 2016.
2017: Initial tax estimates for $1M. He pays that amount, but extended his tax filing. For his final filing, he decided to use a federal tax credit to reduce his liability from $1M to $750. He owed $750 for 2017.

He paid $1,500 in taxes for those 2 years. He could have taken the $5M as a refund. But each time he applied it forward to next year. Eventually, he may have enough tax liability to consume that $$, or he can take it as a refund. It's definitely NOT taxes he paid, since he didn't have the liability to pay for.

Several years ago, TurboTax was giving people 10% of their refund back as an Amazon GC. So in December, I Paid $5,000 more than I owed so that I could claim a $5,000 refund and get the $5,500 as an Amazon gift card. I "paid" $5,000, but it came right back to me. I was not paying any federal tax liability. And neither did Trump (above $1,500) in those two years.
GORDON wrote: You're fucking with me now, right?
I never said it. So where are you getting it from?
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Did I not say earlier I was seeing it on the internet as memes? If not I apologise.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

It's really a good thing I'm not an accountant because I still have no idea if what he did was legal or not, or if it's even a smart move or stupid.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

So he paid, got refunded, but let the government keep it against future liability. It's a hell of a two-year slice of time (out of 15?) upon which to focus. Makes one look bad.

If he doesn't have any expectation of owing that money, though, he should be jailed for loaning the government $25 mil interest free.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: It's a hell of a two-year slice of time (out of 15?) upon which to focus. Makes one look bad.
Then focus on the 10 years he didn't pay any, of the 15 versus the 2 where he paid very little.
Leisher wrote: It's really a good thing I'm not an accountant because I still have no idea if what he did was legal or not, or if it's even a smart move or stupid.
He's got (at least) one HUGE disagreement with the IRS ongoing that would involve about $80M of tax liability, iirc. (or maybe it was $100M, same ballpark). And, without all the details, who knows. He should have to release all the details. I'm guessing it's a large mix of "smart" and "suspect" given how many entities are involved.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Tax professionals say that several of Mr. Trump’s reported deductions—especially paying family members and making personal use of business assets, and sometimes grooming expenses—raise issues they see in preparing returns for clients with far less wealth than the president’s. The consequences of getting them wrong range from a slap on the wrist and an interest payment, to huge penalties or prison.

There is often a push and pull between tax preparers and clients in this process. The higher the fee, the greater the pressure on the preparer to do what the client wants. Yet tax professionals who sign false returns risk losing their licenses, so they often push back.

Andy Mattson, a CPA with Moss Adams in Campbell, Calif., who has wealthy clients who have founded tech companies, thinks such restraint is missing from Mr. Trump’s tax returns, based on the Times’s reporting.

“I’m shocked that an accounting firm would allow a client to take such egregious positions, especially when they know he will be audited every year,” he says.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/president- ... 4eSi7R-4xg

The conclusion of the article: Don't do what Trump does.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

I cannot think of a single thing Trump does that I also want to do.

Wait, I take that back. I want to golf every day.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I cannot think of a single thing Trump does that I also want to do.
tbh, I want to grope random women, I just don't. :)
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I cannot think of a single thing Trump does that I also want to do.
tbh, I want to grope random women, I just don't. :)
Interesting point.

I would enjoy touching random women as well, but only if they're into it.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I personally know more than one woman that enjoys being grabbed by the pussy.

People want to pretend to be all shocked by the phrase, but, uh....
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I personally know more than one woman that enjoys being grabbed by the pussy.
It very much depends on the person doing the grabbing.

We've discussed previously how a study at USC or UCLA or something showed women being hit on by men in a workplace consider it harassment or not harassment based on their attraction to the man.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

"Brad Pitt doesn't get accused of sexual harassment."

We need a new guy for this century.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Trump is first president since McKinely to not have a dog. First since Polk to not have a pet of any kind.

What kind of person doesn’t like pets? One who shouldn’t be president
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Trump is first president since McKinely to not have a dog. First since Polk to not have a pet of any kind.

What kind of person doesn’t like pets? One who shouldn’t be president
Honestly, this is not something to discount. Although, I want to see the relationship between the dog and the family/president. Are the dogs just props or do they actually interact?

Norm Macdonald has a take on people without pets... (4 minute joke and this isn't the best delivery of it, but it's a great joke.)
https://youtu.be/Oseqh7SMIvo
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Champion American cyclist suspended for supporting Trump in a tweet.

He responded to this from a Dutch journalist:
"My dear American friends, I hope this horrible presidency ends for you. And for us as (former?) allies too,” Been wrote, via the Associated Press."If you follow me and support Trump, you can go. There is zero excuse to follow or vote for the vile, horrible man."
He said "Bye" with a black hand waving emoji and when someone said he's probably a Trumper he replied with "Yep" with an American flag emoji.

The team's reasoning for his suspension:
"While we support the right to free speech, we will hold people accountable for their words and actions. Regrettably, Simmons made statements online that we feel are divisive, incendiary, and detrimental to the team, professional cycling, its fans, and the positive future we hope to help create for the sport In response, he will not be racing for Trek-Segafredo until further notice."
Freedom of speech is alive and well...as long as you say the right things.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Freedom of speech
Has nothing to do with private businesses. Or it does, as they exercise their freedom of speech to get rid of this person.