The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

Not sure if Trump is aware of it (probably not), but the senator that drafted the 14th amendment said it wasn't to cover people here illegally. It seems, anyway.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

So let's look at the text:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
1 - "All persons", seems pretty clear.

2 - "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" - This I'm a little unclear on. Are you subject to the jurisdiction of a country you are in illegally? I feel like the answer is yes, but doesn't that also mean you shouldn't be there? (Ah, after reading, I see that this was to exclude diplomats, and possibly Native Americans)

Regardless of how said senator may have intended it, though, SCOTUS has ruled on it before. https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/ ... 463c7acb3d is similar, but the parents appear to have been there legally. (Although, immigration was much different in the 1800s).

History of the clause and its origination: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizenship_Clause

Not sure which Senator Vince is referring to, but here's the wikipedia version of the debate:
Howard, when introducing the addition to the Amendment, stated that it was "the law of the land already" and that it excluded only "persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers".[12] Others also agreed that the children of ambassadors and foreign ministers were to be excluded.[13][14] However, concerning the children born in the United States to parents who are not U.S. citizens (and not foreign diplomats), three senators, including Trumbull, as well as President Andrew Johnson, asserted that both the Civil Rights Act and the Citizenship Clause would confer citizenship on them at birth,[15][16][17] and no senator offered a contrary opinion
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

So if Trump puts an "or" between "aliens," and "who", problem solved? :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: 2 - "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" - This I'm a little unclear on. Are you subject to the jurisdiction of a country you are in illegally? I feel like the answer is yes, but doesn't that also mean you shouldn't be there? (Ah, after reading, I see that this was to exclude diplomats, and possibly Native Americans)
This is where I think he has a shot at it. An illegal should be under the jurisdiction of the US, but if they actually were, then they'd be back in their country of origin. And you're correct that none of the SCOTUS rulings really deal with illegals. So this should be interesting to see unfold. I think being one of two developed countries that allows this should be an indication that many nations see this as a problem. Especially those with expanded social programs.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Translation: Hey, this shit is affecting my bottom line!
Vince wrote: So this should be interesting to see unfold.
Agreed, and the more I think about it, the more I'm in favor of it.

We should work out a deal with Mexico: Allow our military to come in and eliminate your drug lords, and in return we'll encourage our corporations to move manufacturing from China to Mexico. We'll also encourage our residents to vacation at your resorts.

Strengthen Mexico's economy and get rid of the violence. That's the best wall that can be built. Look at Canada's wall...

Plus, if you still insist upon a wall, building one at Mexico's southern border would be a lot cheaper than the U.S.' southern border.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Evrn better, annex the rest of Mexico, and add a few stars to the flag. I can't see the majority of Mexicans having a problem with that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Trump tweets out "racist ad".

You can watch it in the first link in the article. It's ridiculously one sided fear mongering to scare folks into getting out to vote. I'm not sure where the racism is located though. I guess it's racist because it focuses on illegals?

Facts aren't racist. Illegals are a legit problem. Would it not be racist if illegals were coming in from Canada?

Yes, the Republicans are fear mongering, but is that worse than what the Democrats are doing? Pretending illegals aren't an issue because they want more votes.

Point being, there's a legit issue, and neither party is focused on fixing it. Instead both are using it as fodder to get votes.

And you want to see racism and bigotry? Read the comments in that Twitter thread where Trump posts the ad. I love how insanely bigoted people are in the name of fighting bigotry. It's also interesting to see how uninformed they are or how their beliefs cloud their "knowledge".

Please vote for a third party candidate in every race possible.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I had zero issues with that ad. Liberals are throwing a fit and even fussing at Jake Tapper and telling him to remove it. Why? If it was actually that damaging to Trump and the Republicans, why take it down? They want it down because it's an effective ad.

I hate Republicans, but I currently feel compelled to vote for them strictly out of a sense of self preservation. Liberals on CNN are already saying I'm a bigger threat to this country than Islam.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: I hate Republicans, but I currently feel compelled to vote for them strictly out of a sense of self preservation. Liberals on CNN are already saying I'm a bigger threat to this country than Islam.
Gridlock 2018!
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Liberals are throwing a fit and even fussing at Jake Tapper and telling him to remove it. Why? If it was actually that damaging to Trump and the Republicans, why take it down? They want it down because it's an effective ad.
This makes sense logically speaking.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote: I hate Republicans, but I currently feel compelled to vote for them strictly out of a sense of self preservation. Liberals on CNN are already saying I'm a bigger threat to this country than Islam.
Gridlock 2018!
I'm okay with that also. Though to be honest, Republicans have had the Senate, House and Presidency and haven't done much of anything. So not really sure that we'll see a difference. It will be nice to slap them around when they complain about the Democrats are stopping them from advancing conservative legislation.

The only group Republicans hate more than liberal Democrats are conservatives.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Gridlock 2018!
I'm okay with that also. Though to be honest, Republicans have had the Senate, House and Presidency and haven't done much of anything.
But according to the left, these are the end times, and he's personally destroying the world and civilization as we know it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:
Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Gridlock 2018!
I'm okay with that also. Though to be honest, Republicans have had the Senate, House and Presidency and haven't done much of anything.
But according to the left, these are the end times, and he's personally destroying the world and civilization as we know it.
To be fair, I heard the same shit about Obama. Both sides are nuts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: To be fair, I heard the same shit about Obama. Both sides are nuts.
Yeah, "things are pretty good, but could be better" just doesn't get the people going.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: To be fair, I heard the same shit about Obama. Both sides are nuts.
Yeah, "things are pretty good, but could be better" just doesn't get the people going.
That cannot be understated as to why voter turnout usually sucks.

Things aren't that bad. Yes, there are some dumb things, but look at the dumb things we care about. That's because our cities aren't being bombed daily, people aren't being drug out of their homes and shot or imprisoned, we can say (mostly) whatever we want, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Tired of the media covering the election, Trump makes Sessions resigns
Attorney General Jeff Sessions has resigned as the country's chief law enforcement officer at President Donald Trump's request.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

The next president is going to be so boring.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein is no longer overseeing special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian election meddling — following the resignation of Jeff Sessions.

The investigation was being managed by Rosenstein because Sessions had recused himself.

With Sessions gone, Rosenstein will no longer oversee the probe — instead, it’ll be run by acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker, NBC News reported.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

[video][/video]

Grab em by the pussy.