The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

What? IS switching parties a thing he is saying?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: What? IS switching parties a thing he is saying?
He's not saying it, but he's saying he wants to make more deals with the Democrats. Which I'd be okay with if he had actually made a deal with them. He just gave them what they asked for in their opening bid on the negotiations. He asked for nothing in return. And he's positively giddy about all the positive press he's getting from it. And that's what scares me. He has no foundational beliefs other than in his own aggrandizement. For all his talk about "fake news" of the press, he is the jilted lover that talks ugly about the old boyfriend that she secretly still pines for.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

Glowing report about Drumpf's foreign policy.
The Senate Appropriations Committee tore into the Drumpf administration's approach to foreign policy in a new report, criticizing the White House's proposed State Department budget as reflective of an "apparent doctrine of retreat" abroad.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has defended the proposed cuts to the State Department.

"It is an unmistakable restatement of the needs the country faces and the priorities we must establish," Tillerson said in a letter to the department's 75,000 employees in March. "It acknowledges that U.S. engagement must be more efficient, that our aid be more effective, and that advocating the national interests of our country always be our primary mission."
Yep, like paying for that stupid fucking wall.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I don't have a problem with shrinking the size of the federal government. Everyone should assume the state department is bloated. It's a good start, keep going.
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote: I don't have a problem with shrinking the size of the federal government.
Let's start with the TSA and follow it up with the whole (or hole) of the DHS.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I don't care where they start as long as they don't miss anything.
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

I think the Secret Service should be next.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Pretty sure they still cover former secretaries of state. Start there.
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote: Pretty sure they still cover former secretaries of state. Start there.
The wrath of the people when a public servant gets out of office after doing a shitty job is one of the natural checks and balances of democracy.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

I do not understand the basis on which they are suing?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Hillary won the popular vote, that's why.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I do not understand the basis on which they are suing?
I don't get it either. I think it's just political posturing for votes and to appease their base.

Clearly on party lines too as other blue states are also suing, while red states had been suing to eliminate it.

End of the day, I just do not understand the logic of the argument for illegal immigration versus legal immigration.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

Legal immigration is run with the same degree of sloth and incompetence as the rest of the gov't. I can't really blame some people for losing patience.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
I do not understand the basis on which they are suing?
I don't think this will be hard since the SCOTUS already said that immigration is the perview of the federal government rather than the states (US vs AZ). But with the way the lower courts have been lately, nothing would surprise me.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote: Legal immigration is run with the same degree of sloth and incompetence as the rest of the gov't. I can't really blame some people for losing patience.
Like the looters in Florida. The stores were just too slow to reopen, so they're justified to break the law.
Vince wrote: I don't think this will be hard since the SCOTUS already said that immigration is the perview of the federal government rather than the states (US vs AZ). But with the way the lower courts have been lately, nothing would surprise me.
Here's what will happen: Lower courts with Dem judges will rule the government has no right to do end DACA even though the government put DACA into place. Then the higher courts will rule the opposite and millions of dollars will have been wasted.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Miss Texas "bashed" Trump, so the MSM is jerking each other off over it.

Hey, remember the last 8 years of the MSM shitting on the pageant and participants? Remember how we mocked them mercifully, and reporters did exposes about how dumb they were?

I guess when they say something you agree with they become legit and everyone involved is a rocket scientist.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

I'm tired of the winning now. Not sure that Pelosi and Schumer are yet, though.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Stop me if you've heard this before...

Trump tweets something and people are mad.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Now he's just trying to improve his polling numbers by making people who hate him have fatal hissy fits.