The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

Grand Inquisitor Drumpf thinks that pigs need heavier gear. Because, you know, public trust of them is at an all-time high.
The Dipshit administration is preparing to restore the flow of surplus military equipment to local law enforcement agencies under a program that had been sharply curtailed by the Obama administration amid an outcry over police use of armored vehicles and other war-fighting gear to confront protesters.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I have no problem with the police having heavy body armor, that's defensive. I have a problem with increasing the lethality of their armory.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote: I have a problem with increasing the lethality of their armory.
When's the last time they were really outgunned? Did another North Hollywood shootout happen without my knowledge?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

I also have a problem with how little consequence they face for a bad kill.
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote: I also have a problem with how little consequence they face for a bad kill.
I have a problem with them never fucking admitting it's a bad kill until a judge finally rules against them, even then they still don't like doing it. Still waiting for any word on wtf was up with this horseshit defense for shooting an unarmed women in her pajamas:
Noor has declined to speak with BCA investigators, but an attorney for Harrity, Fred Bruno, hinted in an interview with the Minneapolis Star Tribune last week that the officers may have believed they were being ambushed.

“It’s certainly reasonable to assume that any police officer would be concerned about a possible ambush under these circumstances,” Bruno told the Star Tribune.
Been over a month since he murdered her in a quite non-accidental manner. Still no reports of what went down. No comments from any of the pigs saying, "Yeah, we kind of fucked this one up and maybe someone who's that paranoid shouldn't be considered fit for duty." Then again, this is probably the same union that just celebrated this summer's legal ruling that it's legal to shoot black guys in St. Paul if they smell like weed.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

So I've been thinking... (Yes, I know that's generally bad.)

Now that we've seen the impact of Common Core, and it's not good. Lower test scores, fewer students ready for college, complaining parents, etc. why doesn't Trump and the GOP use this to attack Obama's legacy and the Dems?

Eliminate Common Core and standard testing for funding. Go back to the way we taught that took us to the moon, not the way that makes us worship Kardashians... (Yes, I'm intentionally being dumb there.)

Still, base funding and performance and number of students, graduation rates, teacher performance, etc. and get back to actually teaching students how to exist in the real world rather than how to pass a test so the school continues to get funding.

I have honestly pondered a letter to the president over this because of all the presidents, he's the guy that would read it. However, I don't want the press.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: letter to the president over this because of all the presidents, he's the guy that would read it
I mean, I understand what you're trying to say, but literally - No, I think the odds of him reading anything are terrible.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: letter to the president over this because of all the presidents, he's the guy that would read it
I mean, I understand what you're trying to say, but literally - No, I think the odds of him reading anything are terrible.
Should I tweet him? :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Still, base funding and performance and number of students, graduation rates, teacher performance, etc. and get back to actually teaching students how to exist in the real world rather than how to pass a test so the school continues to get funding.
How do you judge teacher performance? Hopefully not a state test that the school will spend 4 full months preparing for, doing nothing but taking practice tests over and over. My local public school already does that.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

They used to base something on teacher performance.

If I remember, and I happily admit I might be way off here, but I thought teacher performance was based on student performance. Specifically, the students the teacher taught.

I'd rather see that combined with random audits of schools and students.

For example: A federal inspector shows up Monday morning and says he's there for the week. He will go to random classrooms, ask what's being taught and what grade the students are in. He could ask the teacher to identify their top two and bottom two students (privately) and then he could select a fifth at random. He takes them to another room and asks them a few standard questions about things they should know at this point in their education. (Those questions are NOT made public until after the inspection and change all the time. Thus, nobody can prepare for them.) He could do this for a dozen classrooms or more in a school. He would also receive a full facility tour to show both problems and achievements. He would also review teacher and administrator salaries to ensure they're not completely out of whack in relation to the national average and the other salaries in the area.

Now I say "he" to make it easy, but I envision a large team. They descend upon a town and hit all schools in a specific district at once.

I would make socialization between school officials and team members illegal. Literally make it punishable by law. No relationships. No fraternizing. No lunches or dinners together. They can work together on school property only. I'd also make it a rule for the team that no team member can operate alone. They must always be with 1 or more other team members to prevent illicit offers.

No more Common Core horseshit. The government shouldn't give a fuck how you're teaching as long as it's getting done. Can your students read? Can they add, subtract, multiply, and divide? Do they have a basic knowledge of how the country works and world history? Geography? Can they speak and write in coherent sentences?
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

I assume Drumpf used his mouth to measure Putin's.

In today's edition of "cronyism and kickbacks ..."

Drumpf kicks back a sweet-ass cushy job to one of his completely unqualified buddies. It might just be my bias.
Florida’s senators are voicing opposition to Cocksucker Donald Drumpf’s pick for NASA administrator, Oklahoma Congressman Jim Bridenstine, saying a “politician” shouldn’t lead the nation’s space program.
The bipartisan pushback against Trump’s nominee for NASA administrator underscores the importance of the agency to Florida, home of the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral. Nelson, as a member of Congress, in 1986 flew on a Space Shuttle Columbia mission; he also has a home on what’s known as the state’s Space Coast.

“The head of NASA ought to be a space professional, not a politician,” Nelson said in a brief written statement to POLITICO.
Then there's this other left-wing nut job's take...
“It’s the one federal mission which has largely been free of politics and it’s at a critical juncture in its history,” Rubio said. “I would hate to see an administrator held up -- on [grounds of] partisanship, political arguments, past votes, or statements made in the past -- because the agency can’t afford it and it can’t afford the controversy.”
Now, from incoming to in denial. Drumpf advisers on why they fuck they stay around.
This answer contains multitudes. First off, Mattis notably doesn’t answer the question about whether he has considered resigning. Second, he suggests it’s one’s duty to serve, no matter what you think of the person in charge (even if you think the guy is a real jerk, apparently). And third, he suggests he can influence Drumpf.
That last point may be most interesting. It almost seems to be Mattis saying: “Yeah, I don't love being here, but I can influence Drumpf.” This sounds a lot like the justification offered privately by plenty of Drumpf administration aides for why they don’t quit. They insist they are needed to keep Drumpf’s impulses in check and to prevent the executive branch from imploding.
In short, this is two grown men trapped in some type of Groundhog Day-style existence where they continually reenact the role of Charlie Brown:
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

Holy shit, Obama wiretapped Drumpf Tower.
The Department of Justice confirmed in a court filing on Friday evening that neither the DOJ nor the FBI have any records supporting Tiny Hands Drumpf’s tweeted assertion that Drumpf Tower was “wiretapped.”

In a Motion for Summary Judgment in American Oversight’s FOIA lawsuit, lawyers for the government stated that neither the National Security Division (NSD) nor the FBI have any records of the wiretaps Douchebag Drumpf in his March 4, 2017 tweets.
Well, only if you consider reality through a mind even Howard Hughes would've called "fucked up."
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

Life yet again imitates "The Simpsons."
Walker's statement comes a day after Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said that Congress should attach the $7.9 billion relief package for Harvey to a debt limit hike.
"What happened in Texas is a tragedy and it needs an urgent Congressional response. Congress is united behind this effort, but I worry about jeopardizing an agreement with such legislative games," said Rep. Mark Walker, R-North Carolina, in a statement Monday. "Our obligation is to assist those impacted by this great flood, but it's past time the swamp waters in DC begin receding as well. That starts with being both compassionate and fiscally responsible."

Walker said that the debt ceiling should be "paired with significant fiscal and structural reforms."

"The alarming trajectory of our debt imperils all supplemental appropriations for dealing with disasters like Harvey in the future. If we resort to just kicking the can down the road on the debt, it only shows that Republicans do not take the problem of our $20 trillion debt seriously," he added.

He also said that Republicans, who now control Congress and the White House, have "no excuse" to not pass spending reforms. The 60-vote filibuster in the Senate, however, will require Republicans to rely on Democratic votes to pass both measures.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote: "The alarming trajectory of our debt imperils all supplemental appropriations for dealing with disasters like Harvey in the future. If we resort to just kicking the can down the road on the debt, it only shows that Republicans do not take the problem of our $20 trillion debt seriously," he added.
I like an elephant calling out the other elephants. We know where the Dems stand after watching their spend frenzy during Obama's run. He's right that the Rs need to put up or shut up.
GORDON
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by GORDON »

Holy shit...NOW debt spending is bad?

Just God damn.
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote: Holy shit...NOW debt spending is bad?

Just God damn.
We expect more from his eminence, the master dealmaker, the economic demi-god, the political matador extraordinaire.
Leisher
Site Admin

The First Trump term.

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:
GORDON wrote: Holy shit...NOW debt spending is bad?

Just God damn.
We expect more from his eminence, the master dealmaker, the economic demi-god, the political matador extraordinaire.
Serious question: If you never, ever say anything positive about him or give him credit for anything, yet take every opportunity to blast him or bring him up even when he's not mentioned, what makes you different than all the left or right wing nut jobs that we routinely mock?
Malcolm

The First Trump term.

Post by Malcolm »

I'll give him credit for his resignation.
Vince

The First Trump term.

Post by Vince »

This is going to be awkward when Trump declares he's switched parties again and the Dems try to stop the Mueller investigation and Republicans start the impeachment hearings and the press starts defending him.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren