Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Page 92 of 92<<8889909192

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: The second Obama term< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1821
Malcolm Search for posts by this member.
I disagree.

Group: Privateers
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2016,10:40  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Malcolm @ Apr. 03 2016,13:09)
VHA is so fucked it needs to be shut down.

More info.
The Choice Card program allows veterans to seek private medical care if VA is unable to provide it within a month of being requested, or if there is no VA facility near their homes. Not long after the program began, however, non-VA doctors and  hospitals began complaining they weren’t being paid for their services.

A survey of non-VA hospitals in Florida, for example, found VA owed more than $100 million in unpaid claims for services provided to veterans under the Choice Card program. Sixty percent of the hospitals described the problems in getting paid as inexplicable, with their claims mysteriously getting “lost.”

A growing number of doctors across the country are refusing to treat patients using the Choice Card for fear of never being paid.

--------------
Diogenes of Sinope:

"It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."

"Other dogs bite only their enemies, whereas I bite also my friends in order to save them."

Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC:

"Better dead than smeg."
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 1822
GORDON Search for posts by this member.
90%

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 04 2016,16:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

This guy says obamacare is causing a doctor shortage.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog....re.html

--------------
I don't give a fuck!
 Post Number: 1823
I disagree.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2016,10:30 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

VHA is really just hoping people forget about their appointments and die quietly.
The agency said it has retrained thousands of schedulers and is updating software to make it easier for them to book appointments properly. A pilot program at 10 facilities allows veterans to book their own appointments, and the VA expects to roll that out nationwide, according to David Shulkin, a physician who took over as undersecretary for health at the VA in June.

Shulkin told USA TODAY he also initiated two massive, same-day efforts to try to provide care sooner for more than 100,000 veterans, and he said the agency also has increased capacity to get wait times down.

“We’ve expanded appointments, we have added evening hours and weekend hours, we’ve added 3 million square feet of space, we’ve hired 14,000 new providers,” he said.

Awesome, they're on this shit.
In 2010, VA officials discovered schedulers were using “gaming strategies” to falsify wait times to meet agency performance targets, and they required all schedulers to undergo new training, once again.
In the newly released reports, investigators found schedulers were using the same strategies. Most commonly, schedulers would start the wait clock on the day of the appointment they were booking rather than when the veteran wanted to be seen. The system then showed there was no wait time even if the veteran had to wait weeks or months for an appointment.

You can practically feel the love for the armed forces.

--------------
Diogenes of Sinope:

"Other dogs bite only their enemies, whereas I bite also my friends in order to save them."

"Better dead than smeg."
 Post Number: 1824
Leisher Search for posts by this member.
Top 3%, yo.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2016,12:15 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

For the first time in its 73 year existance, the NFIB is opposing a Supreme Court nomination.

They're saying that Obama is lying about the candidate being moderate and that he's fallen on the side of the government in almost every case he's ever heard. The exceptions being when the other side was a union.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 1825
TPRJones Search for posts by this member.
I saw The Fault in our Stars opening night.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2016,12:39 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Garland is no moderate from an absolute perspective, no.  But he's a lot more moderate than Obama would prefer.  Likely a lot more moderate than Hillary would pick if things aren't done by then.  If Republicans block Garland too long the next option could be much worse.

Edited by TPRJones on Apr. 08 2016,12:40

--------------
Vidi Perfutui Veni
 Post Number: 1826
I disagree.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2016,13:03 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Leisher @ Apr. 08 2016,14:15)
For the first time in its 73 year existance, the NFIB is opposing a Supreme Court nomination.

They're saying that Obama is lying about the candidate being moderate and that he's fallen on the side of the government in almost every case he's ever heard. The exceptions being when the other side was a union.

Duggan cites Garland’s decisions involving the EPA, the Commerce Clause and the NLRB as just a few examples of major concern. She writes, “What worries us is that Judge Garland has been consistently wrong on labor law. In fact, in 16 major labor decisions of Judge Garland’s that we examined, he ruled 16-0 in favor of the NLRB.”

Sounds like they've got a problem with the NLRB, which is it's own special clusterfuck.

--------------
Diogenes of Sinope:

"Better dead than smeg."
 Post Number: 1827
Leisher Search for posts by this member.
Top 3%, yo.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2016,13:12 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If Republicans block Garland too long the next option could be much worse.

Didn't something like that happen once before?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 1828
I disagree.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2016,14:35 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've got no idea why the fuck they're taking this stance.  They aren't going to win.  The pachyderms are developing "Cleveland Syndrome."

--------------
Diogenes of Sinope:

"Better dead than smeg."
1827 replies since Nov. 07 2012,20:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 92 of 92<<8889909192
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply The second Obama term
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code